Yvonne is a UK trained and registered general nurse. She is also a registered nurse in Hong Kong and a Health Visitor (maternal & child health specialist), Lactation Consultant, Further Education Teacher and First Aid & CPR Instructor.
Yvonne has over 30 years’ experience as a nurse both in the UK and in Hong Kong, and she previously worked in the Matilda International hospital running their well-baby clinic.
Yvonne founded her own company, The Family Zone, specifically to provide a personal, professional, hands-on service for new mums.
In addition to this wealth of experience, Yvonne is the mother of three children and grandmother to one.
Dreading potty training? It’s a lot easier than you think especially with these tips from Yvonne Heavyside of The Family Zone.
Have you noticed how trends in child-rearing tend to go in cycles? Routine, no routine, and now routines are very much in again. Breast feeding on 1 breast only, then both breasts and (I think, even I lose touch) we are back to 1 breast only again. Well watch this space but my prediction is that we are about to see a swing in the potty training trend. It is not unusual in the course of my work, for me to come across bright 3 year olds (usually boys) who are not potty trained but who have never even been exposed to the idea! The subject usually comes up, not as a problem, but a request for information about nursery schools who will accept 3 year olds still wearing nappies.
New to the concept of hiring a helper? Yvonne Heavyside of The Family Zone shares some essential tips to help you find the right helper for your family.
The first thing you need to establish is what kind of helper you are looking for. Would you prefer someone who has masses of experience caring for children, or do you want someone with little or no experience, but can be trained to do things to your own preferences? There are advantages and disadvantages to both.
- Due in July 2017 - let's start a WhatsApp group!
- Special needs play date ( west kowloon )
- Any Jan 2019 mummies here ?
- Taipo moms and babies
- does anyone know Dr lam?
- Help: New to Hong Kong - no idea how to get childcare for under 2s quickly
- Looking for toddler playdates at West Kowloon!
- Looking for playdates in Wan Chai - Star Street area
- Mommy and baby playdates in Sai Ying Pun
- Happy Valley playgroup
- Lactation Consultant Ellen
in » Lactation Consultants
- INT. Parent-Infant Program
in » General Baby & Child Developmental
- Antenatal Courses Online -...
in » Antenatal Classes
- Joey Image | Newborn, Baby...
in » Photographers
in » Gynecologists
- The London Medical Clinic
in » General Practitioners
- Dr. Eugene Lai
in » Dentists
- Helen Binge
in » Physiotherapist
- Mandarin playgroup / Cantonese playgroup
- Victoria Nanny International - Premium Childcare
- Skip Hop Woodland Activity Gym
- PEKiP Parent-Infant Programme