Yvonne is a UK trained and registered general nurse. She is also a registered nurse in Hong Kong and a Health Visitor (maternal & child health specialist), Lactation Consultant, Further Education Teacher and First Aid & CPR Instructor.
Yvonne has over 30 years’ experience as a nurse both in the UK and in Hong Kong, and she previously worked in the Matilda International hospital running their well-baby clinic.
Yvonne founded her own company, The Family Zone, specifically to provide a personal, professional, hands-on service for new mums.
In addition to this wealth of experience, Yvonne is the mother of three children and grandmother to one.
Dreading potty training? It’s a lot easier than you think especially with these tips from Yvonne Heavyside of The Family Zone.
Have you noticed how trends in child-rearing tend to go in cycles? Routine, no routine, and now routines are very much in again. Breast feeding on 1 breast only, then both breasts and (I think, even I lose touch) we are back to 1 breast only again. Well watch this space but my prediction is that we are about to see a swing in the potty training trend. It is not unusual in the course of my work, for me to come across bright 3 year olds (usually boys) who are not potty trained but who have never even been exposed to the idea! The subject usually comes up, not as a problem, but a request for information about nursery schools who will accept 3 year olds still wearing nappies.
New to the concept of hiring a helper? Yvonne Heavyside of The Family Zone shares some essential tips to help you find the right helper for your family.
The first thing you need to establish is what kind of helper you are looking for. Would you prefer someone who has masses of experience caring for children, or do you want someone with little or no experience, but can be trained to do things to your own preferences? There are advantages and disadvantages to both.
- Local kindergarten (when to apply, and vouchers?)
- WhatsApp groups
- Just found out...
- First time mum due early next year
- Chinese egg donor
- Playdate in Cyberport on weekends
- Playdates weekdays - mums working part-time
- Jumperoo or eversaucer
- Looking for play date central mid levels
- Books for one year old baby
- Belly & Bloom | Jamu...
in » Spa & Beauty Services
- Lactation Consultant Ellen
in » Individuals
- Dr Danny Leung
in » Gynecologists
- The Heaven's Love Photography...
in » Photographers
- Mayarya - More than Maternity
in » Maternity Wear
- Jewel Jam
in » Arts & Crafts
- The London Medical Clinic
in » General Practitioners
- INT. Parent-Infant Program
in » General Baby & Child Developmental
- Playpen for sale
- Pigeon milk bottles
- 2019 UPPAbaby Vista Stroller & Mesa Car Seat Complete Travel System
- NEW Stokke Â® XploryÂ® Balance Limited Edition Tranquil Blue
- Cybex Priam Lux Complete Cloud Q Car Seat - Koi
- Bundle of baby clothes
- Free Baby Portrait shooting - 1.5hs / 15pcs high quality as reward
- Babyzen iZi Go Modular and iSize Base
- Beautiful Pomeranian puppies
- healthy Poodle puppies