Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diaper rash and "Butt Paste"

Daddy-O is offline Registered User

Diaper rash and "Butt Paste"

Yep, that's right- "Butt Paste". More specifically, it's called "Boudreaux's Butt Paste". I've talked with lots of of my friends who have kids back in the US and they all rave about the stuff for preventing diaper rash. Has anyone seen this stuff in HK or perhaps knows who has it? I tried Drugstore.com but they won' ship it here.

Thanks in advance

elle is offline Registered User

Works fine. My friends in the US rave about it, but I didn't think it was any better than the 40% zinc Desitin and found it harder to clean off ( perhaps thats the point, it really stays on the skin). I have ordered both from drugstore.com and had shipped to HK, so not sure why they won't ship to you here. Bummer that they won't.

Daddy-O is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    Works fine. My friends in the US rave about it, but I didn't think it was any better than the 40% zinc Desitin and found it harder to clean off ( perhaps thats the point, it really stays on the skin). I have ordered both from drugstore.com and had shipped to HK, so not sure why they won't ship to you here. Bummer that they won't.
    Thanks Elle. I'll try it Drugstore.com again. Perhaps I did something wrong when I tried to order the stuff, I dunno. I'm also going to try the Desitin w/ zinc. The stuff we have ("Mustela") just doesn't seem to be getting the job done.

zyxwv is offline Registered User

Also try Sudocrem. This is the UK zinc based cream and you can get it in any baby store and I suspect Watsons, Mannings etc. It was recommended by nurse/lactation consultant when my son had his first, but really bad, diaper rash at 18 mos and it worked really well. We had been using the Mustela on it unsuccessfully as well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

elle is offline Registered User

Was also quite unhappy with the Mustela diaper cream, disappointing because their other products are pretty good. As noted above, Sudecrem works pretty well, is zinc based (the ingredient our pediatrician said to look for) and is available in HK. I don't like it as much as Desitin, but it does the job in a pinch when run out of the stuff from the US.

snagito is offline Registered User

Sudocrem is fantastic and you can get a small jar at Bumps to Babes on Pedder St so that you don't have to spend lots to try it out. Good luck.

Portia is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    I don't like it as much as Desitin, but it does the job in a pinch when run out of the stuff from the US.
    Do you mean when you run out of Desitin? You can buy Desitin at Watsons.

southside852 is offline Registered User

Yes, we use "Butt Paste" and I buy the huge tubs when I back in the States which seem to last forever! It does help a lot, but there are also the equivalents in HK. I am sure you can get it shipped to Asia from the US - u might just have to pay triple in shipping. I would just load up if it's that's the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast