Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bleeding

Leta is offline Registered User

Bleeding

Hi I am pregnant and only in wk 6 but started to bleed yesterday morning. My previous pregnancy also came with spotting in early pregnancy. However this time round it is more like bleeding and it's bright red. I was terrified when I first saw it and immediately went to my OB.

After the ultrasound check, we saw my peanut size Bb still sitting in my womb nicely. No heartbeat can be detected till next wk when I am in wk 7.

Even after the injection given yesterday and am on medication, today I am still worried as bleeding still continue. I have been getting bed rest as much as I can.

Anyone to share?

thanka2 is offline Registered User

I hope everything works out for you. Just rest. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to at this point to determine if your body will keep the pregnancy going or not. You did the right thing by going to the doctor.

My first pregnancy I had spotting at around 5-6 weeks and went to the doctor. There was nothing that could be done so I went home and rested and eventually the spotting stopped and now my son is 3 1/2-years-old.

With my second pregnancy I also had the same spotting but decided to wait it out and just monitor it because it was exactly like it had been in my first pregnancy and there was nothing that could be done. It was just faint spotting but on Ching Ming holiday 2010, I had to go to the hospital as the spotting had become bright red. I had a miscarriage that day. The baby I would have given birth to would now be about 6-months-old. Even though I was only a couple of months pregnant I still feel the loss of that child in my heart and always will.

Last summer I got pregnant again and for the first 10-12 weeks I had the same spotting. I started using progesterone suppositories which helped a lot. My daughter was born 8 weeks ago and is very healthy and happy.

Every pregnancy is different and there are no clear signs actually whether one will or will not carry a pregnancy to term. I just hope and pray for the best for you in this situation.

“Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Thanks thanka2! Indeed there is nothing I can do except to rest and wait.. Thanks for your comfort!

Gracey is offline Registered User

Leta -- All best wishes to you. I had two cases of bleeding which the doctor called "threatened miscarriages" and two cases of fluid loss. Nothing came of them. And now I'm safely past 5 months, so these things can pass.

Thanka is right. There' a limit to what you can do other than see the doctor, take progesterone, get bed rest and hope for the best. Even the best medical care can't prevent all miscarriages. My doctor told me at the time that sometimes, the body just knows if an embryo is defective early on, and there's nothing anyone can do.

Good luck to you and try to keep your mind off of it. I know how you feel.

AndreaSB is offline Registered User

Sorry to hear that Leta. The same happened with my first pregnancy (I had intense cramping too though) and I miscarried a couple of days later. But I have also heard many stories of ppl bleeding and everything's ok. Whatever is meant to be will be. And as the Dr said, if something's wrong with baby the body is smart enough to know it and will terminate the pregnancy. Very hard to accept but better than a sick baby.

Good luck and hope everything's ok!!

Hi Gracey & AndreaSB.. Thanks for ur sharing :) indeed nothing I can do now but the wait is tormenting ESP when I have to do nothing but get the bed rest. Today was much better for me as the bleeding seems to clear up quite a bit. Thanks!!

AndreaSB is offline Registered User

You're right. All you can do is wait patiently (not easy I know). Hope you can keep a positive attitude though as it'll hugely affect your body if you don't (again, easier said than done). Will keep my fingers crossed for you and your little one ;-)

Hi all.. Thanks for ur advice! Unfortunately, I just had a miscarriage today.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast