Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Kiangsu & Chekiang Primary School & Kindergarten

littleho is offline Registered User

Hi Wegetable,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I refered to was the spaces available in Mar/Apr 2011 for academic year 2011. Those spaces were taken up before school starts. Looking to the current trend/demand , if the school does not create more spaces for P1, there will not be any spots for outsider to get in P1. entry into KCS mainstream section is also very competitive. I just heard from a parent of KCS P2 student that starting from P2 onwards all English lessons are taught by native English teacher versus P4 in the past. Hence, it is a viable alternative versus ISF in Cyberport in view of its more afforable school fee (HK$3,XXX per month).

Quote Originally Posted by wegetable View Post
    Littleho,

I am a KCIS parent as well. I read from your other post that there are 5 spots in P1, do you mean right now? I am wondering why the school doesn't fill the openings up right away. So far, I am very happy with the school. I am a little surprised that there isn't any homework yet.

Beijingmum is offline Registered User

Im a mandarin teacher, If possible, let children learn simplified Chinese, not only because it's easier to learn, also because there are much more and better reading matiarals in simplyfied Chinese.

trttrt is offline Registered User

Hi, anyone has any idea which schools provide teaching in simplified Chinese? I am only aware of SIS and I think CIS. What about ESF? I was taught in simplified Chinese and I would love my child to learn the same.

littleho is offline Registered User

Majority of the international schools (ESF, GSIS, etc) teach simplified Chinese except for CIS and KCIS. I heard some of the classes in Cdnis are taught in simplified.

Quote Originally Posted by trttrt View Post
    Hi, anyone has any idea which schools provide teaching in simplified Chinese? I am only aware of SIS and I think CIS. What about ESF? I was taught in simplified Chinese and I would love my child to learn the same.

Beijingmum is offline Registered User

I have students in ISF, they learn putonghua but in traditional chinese, should write very complicated characters for just 5 years old children, its very hard for children,and spend a lot of time on it everyday, they will lose intrest to learn chinese.

trttrt is offline Registered User

Yes, can totally imagine... Also if eventually we head back home, the traditional Chinese would not b of use and I would have to spend time converting my child back to simplified. Though probably easier than the other way round, why bother? :)

rosachan is offline Registered User

I am very interested in KCS and KCIS for my son too, mainly because of its apparently stronger Mandarin emphasis. Would anyone have any comments about both the local KCS path and the international KCIS path please?

howardcoombs is offline Registered User

You need to first decide whether you are looking for mandarin as a first language or second.

KCS : this is a Mandarin school. All classes except for English are taught in Mandarin which translates to around 85% of the time.

KCIS : this is an English school. They have a very decent Mandarin programme with daily lessons in Mandarin which translates to around 15-20% of the time

All 3 of my kids attended KCS. One of my kids has left KCS to join KCIS at year 5. I still have one in P4 KCS

floridamom likes this.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast