Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help: moving to hong kong - looking for a nursery for my 18 month old baby boy

tali_b is offline Registered User

Help: moving to hong kong - looking for a nursery for my 18 month old baby boy

hey guys...
    we are moving to hong kong with our 18 month old baby boy. we'll be living in the mid-level central area, and outside of reading genral information about hong kong, we are utterly clueless. we'll appreciate every infomation you can give us about english speaking nurserys in the area (preferable western nurserys). information about nanny agencys (again, preferable agency who provides english speaking western nannys) will be very helpful.

thanks,

Tali

bonita is offline Registered User

We live in the mid-levels, too. Our 2-year-old daughter has been going to Woodland Mid-Levels Montessori Preschool since she was 18 months old. It's located on Caine Road. They offer 3 sessions (8:45-10:30, 10:45-12:30 and 1:45-3:30) and you have an option of 3 sessions per week (Mon, Wed & Fri) or 2 sessions a week (Tue & Thu). Another school on Caine Road is Tutor Time. Sorry I don't have much information on it.

carang is offline Registered User

an english speaking western nanny will set you back about $30,000/month.

a full-time, live-in foreign domestic helper (usually from the philippines/thailand/indonesia/sri lanka) has a minimum wage of $3740 (?) and a food allowance of $775 (?). of course, you can pay more than that if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by bonita View Post
    We live in the mid-levels, too. Our 2-year-old daughter has been going to Woodland Mid-Levels Montessori Preschool since she was 18 months old. It's located on Caine Road. They offer 3 sessions (8:45-10:30, 10:45-12:30 and 1:45-3:30) and you have an option of 3 sessions per week (Mon, Wed & Fri) or 2 sessions a week (Tue & Thu). Another school on Caine Road is Tutor Time. Sorry I don't have much information on it.
    do you know how much they charge in woodland for a long day at their pre-school?

southside852 is offline Registered User

WOodlands website: http://www.woodlandschools.com/Landing.php

My son did TT on the southside when he was 14 months old and loved it. Like Bonita mentioned above they have one in mid-levels too.
    http://www.tutortime.com.hk/en/home/

elle is offline Registered User

Also, an 18 month old will need to be accompanied by a parent, nanny or maid/ domestic helper to preschool classes at Woodlands or TT.

Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    Also, an 18 month old will need to be accompanied by a parent, nanny or maid/ domestic helper to preschool classes at Woodlands or TT.
    what's the point of enrolling him to pre-school if I need to accmpany him??? the all purpose was that I'll have a few hours for myself... isn't there a pre-school without unreasonable whims?

Biggie is offline Registered User

Most schools won't take kids unaccompanied until they are two yrs old. And tuition for the "intentional" ones are about hk$8000 a month for 5 days of 3 hr each for 2 years old plus.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast