Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Beware of Playsport!

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by A15 View Post
    ...His staff have said he always goes to Thailand every two weeks, sounds like he is doing that to avoid getting caught....
    He owns and operates a bar on one of the back streets of Hua Hin.

abby_00 is offline Registered User

last time i talked to the police, they suggested me to dial 999 and take him to nearby police station. anywhere we can find him? i dun think he will show up in any of the class

Quote Originally Posted by A15 View Post
    I have spoken to some of the coaches that work for Joe and they reckon he has no intention of refunding the parents, apparently he has been doing this for years. Apparently he still owes people money for longer than twelve months. His staff have said he always goes to Thailand every two weeks, sounds like he is doing that to avoid getting caught. The staff have also mentioned that he never pays them on time, if the staff don't get paid then what chance do we have of getting our refunds.
    Posted via Mobile Device

i'll file small claims as well... it should take me some time to gather the info and go thru the procedures
    http://www.judiciary.gov.hk/en/crt_s...lt/html/sc.htm

anyone else reported to the police? we've to push them into the investigation!

Quote Originally Posted by LM44 View Post
    I wish that I read this thread before enrolling my daughter in Playsports. We have experienced the same level of service as everyone else on this thread. It's ridiculous and something needs to be done. The amount we paid for the sessions is small too but with all of us combined, it is a large sum and the behaviour needs to be stopped. I will write to Woodlands (where both of my children go) as well as make a complaint to the police. I am also inclined to attempt to wind the company up by first issuing a stat demand to its office, however, in order to wind up a company, the debt needs to be greater than HKD10,000. Perhaps we could join forces to get the debt to that amount?? Anyway, just a thought but I hate to think that more parents not in the know will be caught out by this company. The worst part for us was our excited 2.5 year old turning up twice to sessions in the cold only to find that no-one else showed - this was after they pushed me to pay on the basis that the classes were filling up fast!

Exactly the same! My daughter was so disappointed especially when she saw the other kids playing at Stanley Ho with Tinytots! We were just like 2 idiots in a cold and windy weather!

I wish that I read this thread before enrolling my daughter in Playsports. We have experienced the same level of service as everyone else on this thread. It's ridiculous and something needs to be done. The amount we paid for the sessions is small too but with all of us combined, it is a large sum and the behaviour needs to be stopped. I will write to Woodlands (where both of my children go) as well as make a complaint to the police. I am also inclined to attempt to wind the company up by first issuing a stat demand to its office, however, in order to wind up a company, the debt needs to be greater than HKD10,000. Perhaps we could join forces to get the debt to that amount?? Anyway, just a thought but I hate to think that more parents not in the know will be caught out by this company. The worst part for us was our excited 2.5 year old turning up twice to sessions in the cold only to find that no-one else showed - this was after they pushed me to pay on the basis that the classes were filling up fast!

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

He has an affiliation with Liverpool Football Club (supposedly - according to the website). Might be worth sending this thread to their corporate office.
    Also, I believe his mother's details are on Playsports website - she is offering her services as a midwife/night nurse. I wonder if his mother knows her what her son is up to??? I'd be tempted to phone her if I was one of Playsports victims!
    (We actually did two terms with Playsports a few years back, and didn't have a problem with cancelled courses or anything. In fact, when we had a problem with one of the coaches, Joe was quite supportive. I don't know what's changed but I'm sorry to hear people are being ripped off!)

carang is offline Registered User

just a quick question:
    is playsport the same as socatots (brazilian soccer school)? or are they different organisations?

kelly0304 is offline Registered User
    Hi, I'm willing to join you. We've had the exactly the same story. turning up in Stanley Ho sport centre finding out Playsport never even rented the venue from them. you can just imagine how disappointed my son was... I've been trying to contact this Joe guy but after few text messages now he doesn't even reply, and his phone seems like on roaming again. It is just disgusting how someone does such thing to innocent children and the parents who simply trusted absolutely normal looking website and lots of big name sponsors.

mumsy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    just a quick question:
    is playsport the same as socatots (brazilian soccer school)? or are they different organisations?
    I believe they are different organisations. There are many companies which offer socatots style programs.

Brazilian soccer school actually do socatots at my son's school and have many venues across HK, KLN & NT. They have been at my son's school for many years and we have never had a problem with them.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast