Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Stanley/South Side Baby Playgroup - interested to meet up?

Fionaaust is offline Registered User

Stanley/South Side Baby Playgroup - interested to meet up?

Hi, We have recently moved to HK (Prior Malaysia & Singapore) from Australia. We live just by Stanley so looking to meet up around this area ie. Repulse Bay/Tai Tam or close by....I have a 10 mth old boy and a 3 yro girl. I am keen to meet up with other mum's & babies for chat & play.

Also I am interested to find activities in the afternoon for my 3 yro after nursery. Can anyone advise of any good ballet, swim, music etc classes. Or also just a regular playgroup.

spin7450 is offline Registered User

Hi, we just moved here from Singapore a few months ago. I have a 3 year old girl and 17 month old girl so would also be keen to meet up. We're in Tai Tam.

Have heard Glenda Allen ballet at Stanley (http://www.glendaallendanceacademy.com.hk) is good and thinking about starting my daughter there...

aussie mum is offline Registered User

Hi Fiona
    Have a look at the repulse bay club for activities. You don't need to be a resident to join. You can get weekday membership and they have lots of activities including dancing, tennis, swimming etc.
    FloatPlus run the swimming lessons there every day. You can book the lessons directly with FloatPlus if you decide not to become a repulse bay club member. Www.floatplus.hk

I have 3 boys age 6, 4 and 2 so not a perfect match but we are here most of the summer so definitely send me a PM if you'd like to meet some time.
    I also suggest you join the "Hong Kong Moms" Facebook group if you haven't done so already.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Fionaaust likes this.

newbiekt is offline Registered User

A few ideas

There's a really nice playgroup at St Stephens Church in Stanley which is all mums and kids (no helpers allowed). It runs Tues-Friday mornings from 9.15 to 11.15 and is a great way to meet other mums. Look up the church website for more details. It would be perfect with your 10 month old. There is also a music class in Stanley called Honky Tonks, some are classes where mums take kids and other are for helpers. Email: Rebekah James <[email protected]> - she is the lady who runs it. Socatots (maybe mornings only though) and Sport4Kids (weds afternoons) are two companies who run sports classes in the Stanley Community Centre and are worth looking up.
    Slightly further afield, near the Cricket Club (only about 15 mins away)
    Music Together is another lovely class email:[email protected]. Good luck settling in.

Biggie is offline Registered User

I think the above posts cover most if not all the classes in Stanley! Welcome to HK. I have a 1.5 and 3.5 yr boy happy to meet up at the playground or sth

Playdate.

Great, would really like to meet up. My daughter is definitely in need of a playdate she s starting to get a little bored in the afternoons after school. My baby has a nap in the aft around 2 -3.30 ish approx.

What would suit you or is your daughter at nursery in the mornings also?

Thanks so much for the info. Will certainly check this out. I am also interested to start playing tennis once I get myself sorted. So this would be good. Just new in this site so not sure how you post a pm. Would be good to meet up in due course find up all the local info...much easier that way! Thanks fiona

Brilliant thanks so much newbiekt. Will look into the playgroup sounds perfect...as I will not be working and have heard the helpers seem to take most of the kids to activities was not sure how I would meet other mums so that sounds great. Also the music classes too. Thanks fiona

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast