Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Did you have PUPPP during your pregnancy? If yes, were you carrying a boy or girl?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Anyone had PUPPP while pregnant?

@dorable is offline Registered User

Smile

I had this too...! Doctors didn't know what it was (which was v annoying) as I had read up on it and diagnosed myself... it took them 3 weeks & daily visits to the hospital to work it out.

Unfortunately I really got it bad on xmas day and in UK NOTHING is open so i couldn't get calamine lotion.. sounds mad but tried potato peel and it really helped... then eventually only thing that helped was zinc & castor baby cream.

Anyways it did eventually pass so don't worry too much...
    the final product is worth everything you go through :) x

Gataloca is offline Registered User

I think I just got it. I am at week 21, and it all started on last Monday... My belly was suddenly so itchy. I have been using olive oil once or twice daily for several months already, and never had any problem.

I have been trying not to scratch, but last night I did scratch a little bit through my pajama, and after few hours, the area (both side of my belly) were burning and itchy, and with rash.

Now I am also using tons of aqueous cream. After reading about the subject, I think I'll first try doing compression with oatmeal, and taking cold/warm shower instead of hot ones. Hope it help :-(

val23 is offline Registered User

Hi Gataloca,

What I did that helped was turning on the aircon at full blast and exposing my tummy when I slept.... At least that helped me sleep through the night. Mine never went away until a week after I gave birth although I think mine started a lot later.

Wish you luck.

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Thanks Val23. I think I didn't have PUPPP after all. The itchiness went away after few weeks.. In the mean time, I did compression with oatmeal, and that helped a lot. Anyway, probably it was just the weather being too dry back then.

I kept using the aqueous cream daily since then, and now at week 36, my belly is still fine.

noopy is offline Registered User

yes, i had puppp with 1st (girl), but not with 2nd (boy)

thankfully... it was the most uncomfortable experience, worse than nausea worse than anything! i had rashes all over my arms, legs, belly. legs were the worst and i still have a few scars from scratching 3 yrs later. mine started at beg of 3rd trimester, and lasted till the day i gave birth. immediately i felt 90% better on the day, and all went away within a week.
    i used everything, but thought aveeno oatmeal baths (2-3x a day), sarna lotion (you can find it on drugstore.com very stinky but works well) worked... other lotions, aqueous creams, did not work for me, i think i had a pretty bad case tho.
    i was concerned that it would happen again for my 2nd pregnancy, but i did NOT get it :)

lalila is offline Registered User
    had it with second pregnancy girl but not with 1st boy
    hi all i had this with my second pregnancy in late third trimester and still have it baby is now 12 weeks doctor gave me a cream which helps for a few hours but said i need steroids to get rid of it if it continues in a few weeks i will need to get the steroids - have to not be bf to have the steroids

Sarah_Lotus is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by lalila View Post
    have to not be bf to have the steroids
    Please check the name of the medicines with the Leaders from LLL-HK before you decide whether or not it is really necessary to wean while taking the steroids. The email address is [email protected]

Each of the Leaders in Asia has a subscription to the online Medications and Mothers' Milk by Thomas Hale. This book is considered the ultimate authority on which drugs can be taken while breastfeeding.

Doctors often don’t have the latest information and so cover themselves by saying that you have to wean.

Best wishes,
    SARAH

Sarah Hung IBCLC
    www.lotuslactation.com
    Last edited by Sarah_Lotus; 09-03-2011 at 09:13 PM.

prettynvain is offline Registered User

I had. And it's the worst! The itchiness almost kill me..lol..pine tar soap, oatmeal body wash and calamine lotion gave me relief.. And it was gone just after 3 days of this regimen.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345