Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Acupunture for infertility ..need help

prag is offline Registered User

Acupunture for infertility ..need help

Hi friends... I am 28 and husband is 31. We are ttc for our 1st baby..it has been over an year now.
    My husbands sperm is good. I have mild pcos. We had our first iui with dr Derek Lo this month. It failed. I am devastated. Very upset and feeling hopeless.
    Please share your views on acupunture.. I have been reading about Troy Sing a lot on forums. Is he worth trying ?

Thanks

Someone please reply!!

Loveisgood is offline Registered User

Hi prag,
    One year of trying isn't too long and failing your first IUI, it really isn't so bad either. Don't be upset and don't give up, why don't you try another doctor for second opinion? I don't believe much in acupuncture myself, never tried so can't comment on it.
    Good luck and stay positive! :)

charade is offline Registered User

My sister had acupuncture (in the US) while trying to get pregnant. The Chinese medicine doctor was quite frank with her that if she didn't succeed in getting pregnant within a certain time after starting , he would advise going to the regularly infertility treatment in Western medicine. In her case, she didn't get pregnant so went to an infertility doctor who advised IUI. They had one failed session, but then she got pregnant naturally. I think she kept doing the acupuncture because she found it relaxed her. Since she got pregnant right after visiting me in Hong Kong for a holiday during which she mostly slept and rested, I think being relaxed and stress free really helps getting pregnant.

I know another friend in Hong Kong who said that going through acupuncture helped her get pregnant.

Thank you loveisgood for your kind words. I also had the same opinion for acupuncture before I went for IUI but these western medicines are doing no good to me. I have never had such a heavy period in my life as I am having this time. My western doc has asked me to give my body some rest before 2nd IUI. So in the meantime I just wanted to go in for acupuncture and TCM.

Dear charade ,

Thanks for your reply. It has given me hope.
    It would be very kind of you if you could ask the acupuncturist's name whom your HK friend consulted. I will be thankful to you.

Quote Originally Posted by charade View Post
    My sister had acupuncture (in the US) while trying to get pregnant. The Chinese medicine doctor was quite frank with her that if she didn't succeed in getting pregnant within a certain time after starting , he would advise going to the regularly infertility treatment in Western medicine. In her case, she didn't get pregnant so went to an infertility doctor who advised IUI. They had one failed session, but then she got pregnant naturally. I think she kept doing the acupuncture because she found it relaxed her. Since she got pregnant right after visiting me in Hong Kong for a holiday during which she mostly slept and rested, I think being relaxed and stress free really helps getting pregnant.

I know another friend in Hong Kong who said that going through acupuncture helped her get pregnant.

rani is offline Administrator

Troy Sing has helped a number of members conceive.

HealthWise Chinese Med - Chinese Medicine Hong Kong

Also try Gianna Buonocore at IMI

Good luck! Hang in there. It will happen.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Thank you Rani... Do you have any idea about dr ck sum. I have read he is the former assistant of Troy Sing. Troy Sing is too expensive for us.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast