Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Victoria

Babar is offline Registered User

Victoria

Can anyone provide some advice on whether there is any difference between the quality of teaching and facilities in the different locations for Victoria school? I was told that the Northpoint branch is the most established and is better than the other ones. In particular, I'm wondering how Northpoint compares with Belcher's. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

HKfornow is offline Registered User

Don't know much specifically about North Point, but the one in Belchers is touted as being IB certified, and I was told that the style is a little less structured than the traditional ones. However, all the Victoria schools are on their way to being IB eventually. Have you taken a tour of the campuses? Some parents I spoke with specifically did not like the location of the Belcher's Victoria and choose to send their kids to other campuses. Just something else to consider.

Babar is offline Registered User

Thanks HKfornow. I will be taking a tour of the Northpoint (Hing Fat St) campus next week, however when I called to make an appointment for a tour of Belcher's, I couldn't get an earlier appoinment than next February! It seems that each campus operate differently and my general impression so far is that Northpoint seems a bit more organised and helpful when I called up.

HKfornow, are you also considering schools for next year? Just curious as to which ones you favour.

HKfornow is offline Registered User

Barbar, I thought that Belchers has an orientation every month?

Anyway, my son is currently in Victoria South Horizon (he's 3.5), I toured So. Horizon & Belchers last year and Belchers would not even allow me to place my son on waiting list, while So. Horizon, said they had no availability, placed me on waiting list, and within weeks, I got an interview and was able to get in. Overall, I am pleased with the decision we made to send our son to Victoria So. Horizon. Let me know if I can answer any more questions and good luck with the tours.

rainbowstar is offline Registered User

Victoria

The belcher's school will have better qualified teachers because the school is IB. This also means that they can not share classrooms and that the classroom for the morning and afternoon will be the same age level and the toys will be more appropriate. The harbour Heights school has less qualified teachers and generally the new staff are placed there and the turn over of english teachers is higher here. There are also a lot of stairs which can be quite difficult for the children especially if they are school bus children. The south horizons school is nice and big and all on one level. They have bigger classrooms and probably one of the nicest of Victoria's campuses on Hong Kong side. The problem is that for the younger age group they share the classroom which is not as good for the children and it makes the teachers more stressed when there are bigger functions happening. I hope this helps and any questions just let me know.

Ladyhongkong is offline Registered User

Question on IB....

Hi,

Could you moms tell me what IB is? Is it a overseas-based curriculum? Thanks in advance for your information.

LHK

eplo19 is offline Registered User

yes, I'm confused too- what is IB. My daughter is one year old and I'm also considering which playgroup and nursery to take her to. We lived onthe Kowloon Side- so how about the Ho Man Tin Branch- is that one IB? Also, is that a good branch? Also,is Victoria an International School? What about Tutortime- is that a good school?

beibie is offline Registered User

Hi all,

My son goes to Ho Man Tin Victoria since he was in K1.
    He can speak fluent English and Putonghua.
    They have built a very positve learning environment.
    My son loves school so much!

I think it's a real good school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast