Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Air Purifiers - anyone own one?

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Air Purifiers - anyone own one?

As I'm quite paranoid about the pollution in HK, I'm thinking of buying an air purifier.

Anyone own one? Where did you buy it? Do your babies sleep better?

Any info is most welcomed! Thank you!

joannek is offline Registered User

i have one from aparkson. it's a home version of the ones they sold to hk hospital authority. can do a google search, they don't sell at retail shop. i got mine from y28shopping.com.

i used to have one from sharp, but it's not heavy duty enough. i live in causeway bay, where we have the worse air pollution.

mintycat is offline Registered User

I have a Panasonic which we bought from Fortress. I have one in my room too as I have severe nasal allergies that got worse since I became pregnant. On the recommendation of my OB, we bought one and I really feel A LOT better. My nasal allergies seem to have cleared up pretty well, at least I can breathe in my sleep with one nostril (the other is pretty much blocked 90% of the time due to a fracture a few years ago) and not have to breathe through my mouth. I highly recommend one.

I know the IQ Air is highly recommended but it's quite expensive.

klich is offline Registered User

I recently got one.

Initially I wanted to go for IQAir by joining the group purchase organised by one of the mothers but was very disappointed by the sales technicians who came to our home to do the air quality test. They simply had a device which showed the number of air particles in your home and then showed how IQAir could remove close to all of the air particles. But you know, not all air particles are bad...could be just dust. We wanted to know more about what the composition of air particles were, eg pollutants, CO2 etc. but they were not very helpful.

In the end, we contacted another company recommended by a friend and he WAS GOOD. He came with a few devices, explained what the compostion of the air in our apartment was, and then simply said we do not need IQAir where we stay (although his shop does sell IQAir as well!). He recommended that we buy AmairCare just to remove pollutants from the traffic and it cost us 1/3 the price of IQAir.

We use it for our baby son's bedroom at night when he sleeps and have been very pleased with it .

jaetee is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by klich View Post
    I recently got one.

Initially I wanted to go for IQAir by joining the group purchase organised by one of the mothers but was very disappointed by the sales technicians who came to our home to do the air quality test. They simply had a device which showed the number of air particles in your home and then showed how IQAir could remove close to all of the air particles. But you know, not all air particles are bad...could be just dust. We wanted to know more about what the composition of air particles were, eg pollutants, CO2 etc. but they were not very helpful.

In the end, we contacted another company recommended by a friend and he WAS GOOD. He came with a few devices, explained what the compostion of the air in our apartment was, and then simply said we do not need IQAir where we stay (although his shop does sell IQAir as well!). He recommended that we buy AmairCare just to remove pollutants from the traffic and it cost us 1/3 the price of IQAir.

We use it for our baby son's bedroom at night when he sleeps and have been very pleased with it .
    Hi,
    Could you PM me the information for the company that does the in-house survey?
    Thanks. :)

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

klich could you pm me the information too! Thank you so much!

Bets is offline Registered User

Could you kindly PM me the name of the rep as well.

Thanks.

frd_au is offline Registered User

I have an IQAir that really works for me. I got it from a chap at tel 24989063. He is quite professional.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast