Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Local English speaking schools?

geiboyi is offline Registered User

Agree - almost impossible to get your kids into these EMI local schools unless their Chinese is excellent. I am working at such a school and there is not one single non-Chinese student there (out of 1000 or so kids). The schools that you are likely to get your non-Chinese children into generally cater to non-Chinese Asian children and are less focussed on academic excellence (which is no bad thing, in my opinion).

ritika is offline Registered User

Hi, Yes, There are some schools in the local system that are primarily English and are for local families who's children do not speak Chinese.
    I am working for a local chinese school. They are having special classes for non-chinese students (NCS). They teach maths and GS in english.
    And also they have after school classes (3:15pm to 5:00pm) for those NCS who can't finish there chinese homework at home.
    If you want more information please send me a message.

shaz is offline Banned

My boy goes to a EMI School - a DSS one - St MArgarets. Good school with english as medium of instruction and chinese taught as a second langusge to those who are not local. Many different nationalities at the school.

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User

DGS, DBS...etc

HappyV is offline Registered User

Gabriel - Hell would have to freeze over for DBS and/or DGS to admit non-Cantonese speaking students. They do have 'hal' Chinese students: but only those who are fluent and have attended a local style KG.

N&F mom's is offline Registered User

Smile What's the school name?

Quote Originally Posted by ritika View Post
    Hi, Yes, There are some schools in the local system that are primarily English and are for local families who's children do not speak Chinese.
    I am working for a local chinese school. They are having special classes for non-chinese students (NCS). They teach maths and GS in english.
    And also they have after school classes (3:15pm to 5:00pm) for those NCS who can't finish there chinese homework at home.
    If you want more information please send me a message.

Hi, there. I'm looking for local school which can teach in English, since my 6,5 years old can't speak Putonghua or cantonese.
    Some of my friends suggest RHS, or KCS?
    Tx

baffelly is offline Registered User

if it's a girl, can try St Paul's Convent School in Causeway bay. That's my alma mater. Back in the days there are girls who don't speak chinese and they take French instead of chinese. all other subjects are in english

N&F mom's is offline Registered User

No, my child is a boy. I've heard about St. Paul, and I plan it to my girl when primary school. My boy now is in DMS, but I little bit dissapointed it, and think to move him to others school. Any suggestions?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast