Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What to do with Baby in this Rain???

shaanmom is offline Registered User

What to do with Baby in this Rain???

Hi I need help! My 15mth is turning into a tv addict - this rain has really cut down on our play activities. .... Apart from Kindermusik (2xweek) and Wise Kids playgroup (1xweek), finding it hard to pass the day. Our plans for today again washed away... Any suggestions/advice welcomed...!

hkaussie is offline Registered User

Not a very exciting suggestion, but go to your nearest big shopping mall and let baby walk around at his/her own pace, exploring what they want, looking in toy shops etc. Mine loves going to Toys r us and doesn't need to buy anything for it to be fun.

Veronika is offline Registered User

Is he/she walking well already? Then you could buy good boots and a good raincoat and let him/her walk through the puddles when the rain is less heavy. It's big fun! My boy loves it. Have a good hot shower afterwards and it should be fine.

spockey is offline Registered User

I second Veronika's idea. We've gone and done that too. The other thing we do is take him to an indoor playroom e.g. where we live, at the hotel, the Kids Club is just $50 a year to gain access to the indoor and outdoor play area.

shaanmom is offline Registered User

Hi I like the idea of the splashing in the rain...! Veronika, can you recommend where to buy the boots & raincoat (not too expensive... )
    Actually was hoping for suggestions of home activity as I prefer not to drive in heavy rain, and of course cabs disappear so can't call either.
    Thanks again!

Neha is offline Banned

we do playdo , hand painting , we have a sand pit at home so u can do a lot of different activities.

Rain cots and boots u can get from Toy club

fairy-godmother is offline Registered User

you could consider going to the central library in causeway bay and spend an afternoon there, do some reading. btw, there's also a great playroom on the same level.

deschatjes is offline Registered User

Both the history and the science museums in TST are fantastic for children of all ages. Tons of interactive things to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast