Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Due Oct-Dec 08??

Bubbly is offline Registered User

Update

nicolejoy, I am somewhat of an expert when it comes to pumping as I pumped exclusively for my baby girl for 10 months. My baby was premature at 33 weeks and would not feed directly, so expressing was all I could do.

My advice is to pump and store in the first few months since our babies won't need that much in the early months, but it is good to have spare. I remember that I was sick during one of the months and the doctor wanted to put me on antibiotics, which meant I could not feed my baby my expressed milk and I was so glad I had a supply stored in the freezer.

As for the actual pumps, I used the Medela Symphony which I rented as I needed to pump heavy duty. I also have the Mini Electric which I used when I went out to work. I did try the Avent handpump which some mothers swear by although I never used it as I liked my electrical ones.

You can also get some pumps second hand as it will be cheaper and a lot of them are in very good conditions.

Would love to meet up with you all as I have been sort of out of the loop! For my other mummies group, we actually set up a group yahoo e-mail account so we all all be in touch.

Everytime I log on, I seemed to have missed the gathering by a day or two!!! Hope to see you all soon. I pretty much have everything so just let me know what you are thinking of getting and I could let you know whether it is really needed.

For a lot of newborn stuff on the lists, we don't really need them, but I will definitely let you all know what to get (or not get). I also have a Mamas & Papas stroller for sale (I have only used it a couple of months) together with a Jacadi carseat for sale cheap if anyone wants to come and have a look (they go together), and was very practical, but my hubby wanted funky looking strollers so they are now in my storage.

See you all soon!

ninahh is offline Registered User

hi everyone,
    i'm back in hong kong. germany was great. this time i was really sad to leave mty family behind, especially with the whole baby thing going on.
    tummy grows and grows, thursday is my next scan, soo excited :)
    see you soon
    nina

kharel is offline Registered User

Hi everyone,

Sorry no contact for so long, I have been away on business for a couple of weeks.

I am loving my 23 weeks pregnancy - baby is kicking the hell out of me, we found out its a boy which I am delighted about and have indulged in quite a lot of shopping already!!

About to book my hypnobirthing at Annerley, purpleflower - how bad was the last antenatal at Tsun Yak, I am so relieved they are over I just do not feel like I learnt anything!

Anyway - look forward to seeing most of you for lunch tomorrow

Katie

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Hey everyone,

Great meeting all of you guys again today!! Everyone remember to PM your email addy to Bubbly!!

Catch up soon!!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User

Hey Guys,

This may sound like a bit of a stupid question but, with regards to cot sheets, why do they always sell them as a set of fitted + flat sheet? Do we need to use both? Just that the fitted sheets aren't the right size... so can we just use the flat sheets?

ninahh is offline Registered User

i've been running araound all day to find a maxi cosi stroller, with carrying cot. but non of the shops i went have ever heard of it. i visited the web site, and there definately is such a thing. does anyone know where i can get it?
    buyin babystuff isn't as easy as i thought.....

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I had my ultrasound and my doctors appt at Tsan Yuk this week - I have to say that beside the waiting time (MUST take book - I drained my phone battery playing games on it!!), I was really impressed with them!! They were MUCH better than I even expected!! I didn't bother asking for a doctor rather than a trainee - but even so, they were really professional and friendly and everything!! I was actually happier there than I have been with some of the private doctors!!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User

Nicole, was that the ultrasound at QMH? I agree that the staff at Tsan Yuk/QMH seem very nice.... but the follow up appointments do really seem pointless! You'll definitely need a book for those! They just do the routine check you urine, bp and then you wait to see another nurse who checks your fundal height and listen to the heartbeat (I admit the first couple of times hearing it was really exciting) but now when you spend all that time waiting to just hear the 2 seconds.....

Nina - do you mean carry cot as in the flat ones? I've only ever seen maxi cosi car seats (I think), not carry cots. The only ones we've seen are the Chicco ones, hence we're going for the Chicco. If you do find it, let us know! (alternatively, see if you can find it from an online company that's willing to ship to HK - may work out cheaper!)

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Scroll to top