Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

due Jan 09

curiousmummy is offline Registered User

Hi Hi,
    I am with philip ho, and planning on Canossa, but still on waitlist..i know..can't believe the hospital is already full for Jan 09...
    beauti conscious me, is already using the elemis anti-stretch mark oil...but seem a little too thick for the summer.

readings-wise, I have not been too diligent on this..any recommended books?

We are currently staying in Mid Levels, and plan to stay put since husband dont really like to commute too much!

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by C bebe View Post
    hi everyone! there's so many of us due either jan or feb. and it seems most are expecting our 1st - so exciting!

yes, there's so much to learn and so much to prepare! i've been reading "what to expect..." and "mayo clinic..." and visiting every single baby website. i also picked up stretch mark cream yesterday - clarins, for those interested, a friend swears by it.

dink - welcome to hk! please feel free to post any questions and we would be glad to offer any advice we can.

i'm with dr. doo and planning to give birth at matilda. have you all figured out your doctors & hospitals yet?

Dink is offline Registered User

Hi All - Completely by chance I ended up with Doctor Patrick Chan, who has a fantastic manner so I am really pleased. We've decided to book into the Matilda, I went and had a look this week and really liked it.

Stretch mark cream hey! Good planning ahead. I haven't got onyo that yet but I am surprised by how much changes even this early on in a pregnancy (e.g. the hideous support bras I am now wearing, yuk!) - I guess I didn't read much of the pregnancy book beyond how to conceive...

We have looked at heaps of flats in Midlevels and would love to stay there but unfortunately our budget doesn't stretch to something that nice in that area - I think we have now settled on Belcher's. A small flat, but lovely view, great facilities and relatively convenient...

HJB
    HJB is offline Registered User

Hi, we live in happy valley and like it very much. it is like a small community and is convenient to work and shopping - 10 minutes to causway bay by minibus and 30 minutes to central by bus including waiting time

i am with dr. william so and am booking the hong kong sanatorium...really wanted to get a place there as I am also borne there..haha

Hagrid is offline Registered User

Hello all, I'm also due in mid. Jan 09. I'm booked in Baptist but am hoping to get in Adventist as I had my first there almost 4 years ago and was very happy with it. Can't imagine hospitals are so full as I didn't really have to book last time!

Talking about place to live, Park Island is a nice place for kids. Though transportation may be troublesome sometimes, there are plenty of outdoor space/club houses for kids to run around. The beach 3 minutes from our place is still a favourites for my son after living here for 4 years.

It is crazy to have to think about booking a hospital for delivery so early on isn't it!

Can I ask you all a potentially quite silly question about living in Hong Kong? Living in the UK I've never been any higher than 2nd floor, our potential new apartment is on the 56th floor.... is it okay to have a baby up on such a high floor? (I am worried that the air pressure in the lifts, you know when you feel your ears pop, would hurt the baby's little ears...!) Thanks and apologies for a stupid question!!

C bebe is offline Registered User

curiousmummy - i'm currently reading "what to expect when you're expecting" and "mayo clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy". the first book is pretty standard & practical stuff whereas the second book is more medically inclined. i'm enjoying both books and purchased them on shopinhk.com.

dink - belcher's, great choice! i have a few gfs that live there and one of them is due jan 2009 as well. everytime i've visited her, i've seen so many children playing outside in the playground & facilities. i especially love their pool!

hjb - sanitorium was my 2nd choice (only because i live closer to matilda hospital). i read an interesting fact the other day that more millionaires were born in the sanitorium than any other hospital. pretty cool!

hagrid - yes, even before we moved here, someone advised us about pregnancy & early booking. so literally the first thing i did after finding out i was pregnant was call matilda & book a tour @ 6 weeks! THEN i went to my 1st dr's appt.

Curiousmummy - I forgot to say, amongst other things I am reading 'Eating well when you are expecting' (its the same series as the 'What to expect...' book) and I would really reccomend it. Also I am going to try 'Best Friend's guide to Pregnancy' so I will let you know what I think of that....

evelyne is offline Registered User

Hiya!

Me too due at end of Jan with first baby. Had a first appointment with Grace Cheung last week.

Where do you all live? Anyone in Kowloon? I'm living near Jordan.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Scroll to top