Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Due July 2009

jaz1311 is offline Registered User

Hi zangy

I just sent you a pm

robbieudo is offline Registered User

HI I am around 6 weeks too, have my first appointment with OB on Friday. Very excited and don't think I can decide on hospitals before I know everything is as it should be.
    But I am not insured so QM sounds good to me. And I probably go for private OB as i tried the public Women and Baby Centre and gave up after 3 hours waiting, I am to sick to wait this long every time and how should I explain at work...
    Which private OB are you going to? I already found this a hard decision:-)
    All the best for all early pregnancies.

zany500 is offline Registered User

Hi robbieudo

Congrats !
    Same here, 2 reasons to go pivate/QM : low insurance package / working and can't wait for hours !

I chose to go to Central Health on dudell street. I saw Dr Lucy Lord for the scan, and her nurse did all the test. The staff there is really nice ! Dr Lord sounds good, she doesn't speak that much, she is quite busy...I think it's notmal ! Her nurse is really nice, she took some time to answer my questions, and explain things to me. Good experience, I'll keep going there for the ante-natal care.

Private stays quite expensive: 2560 HK$ for the first visit, including 950HK$ visit + scan, 1360HK$ for the lab test and 250 HK$ for the vitamines (Materna) + Omega 3 & 6.
    My insurance package is 35000HK$ all inclusive (ante natal visit and delivery), so I'll use it for the ante natal in private and go to QM for delivery. It doesn't cover a private delivery anyway !

Happy pregnancy !

ladyj is offline Registered User

hi July 09ers!

I am 4 weeks. Had dr appt yesterday just to make sure everything is ok. still deciding whether to go public vs. private. I have insurance but may not cover much. hope to chat with you all soon!

MisB is offline Registered User

Hi. I am due in July 2009 as well. I am just 6 weeks. Very exciting and unexpected!!! More excited than anything. Still deciding where to deliver, doctors, etc. I am new to HK figuring all of this out.

I, too, would love to meet with Mommys-to-be for July 2009. Congratulations to all.

robbieudo is offline Registered User

I am going to Alexander Doo on Friday. A friend recommended him. Will let you know if I am happy. Looks like its going to be a very exepensive first visit. Its a bit annoying as we dont have a cover at all. Anyway will do it and see from there. Happy to meet up, but I am always so tired and sick and I have already a 3 year old son wanting attention. Are you guys feeling sick too? Or is it just poor me:-)

zany500 is offline Registered User
    MisB and ladyj, congratulations !

I feel less like the "lost girl who learnt she's pregnant and just moved to HK" !

Everybody looks excisted, that's great...me too :-)

I do feel very tired, I've never been like that before, I feel like sleeping all day...
    I do not feel sick otherwise, no morning sickness (just a little, but it's not strong and it doesn't last), I'm lucky ! some smells start to bother me, and I easily feel dizzy (if I stand up too quickly for exemple), but that's all.

ladyj is offline Registered User

congrats to you too zany500! I moved to HK over 3 years ago but this is our first so I'm feeling my way through the whole pregnancy thing here. I get real tired too and am extremely hungry when it's mealtime. do you have any cravings? for me, I have a strange craving for citrus, especially lemon juice, strange since I usually have such a sweet tooth.

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast