Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Who is your medical insurer and why?

rani is offline Administrator

I had a problem with William Russell. D was ensured from birth, and he was sick quite a bit when he was a baby and was hospitalized for Bronchiolitis. They didn't want to pay his bills in the end and stated it was a pre-existing condition.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ze_Kid View Post
    Thanks Shenzhennifer. This is the type of stuff I am after. The BUPA plan I was looking at has a card attached that you just give the GP and you don't have to pay up front. Do you use one of these?
    There`s a card, but I think that is only for use with another plan - not the one we`ve got. We have to pay upfront. Then they dispute it. And they don`t pay for well baby visits, which are pretty important.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

ohmy... rani, that is terrible. I remember going through a lot when trying to get insurance before the birth of DD2. We ended up sticking with our Australian medical incase anything did happen. This time round we have to go local which I think is a better actually.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

Shenzhennifer - exactly. I wouldn't be so picky if it was just DH and I but I want to make sure that DD's can have the best.

That was why I thought the card would be a good way to go. So I don't have to mess about with paperwork.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Yes, I couldn`t agree more, but there is a plan, I think the most expensive plan, that allows you to do that.
    I just think it`s ridiculous that I would have to first see a GP to hopefully get a referral letter to then go see a paediatrician WHEN MY BABY IS SICK.

carang is offline Registered User

we decided against insurance. we've been very happy with the gov't system and medical care. we found that even going to private doctors for non-emergencies, we NEVER spend enough at these doctors to recoup the cost of the premiums.... of course, though doctors in DB are much more expensive, so it may be worth it if you are there.

still we found, for us, it wasn't worth it... even when we were in DB.

carang is offline Registered User

from what i gathered watching "SICKO"... many insurance companies employ people whose sole job it is to find reasons why they SHOULDN'T pay you...

don't know if that holds true here or not, though... don't even know how true it is int he states, but i wouldn't doubt it.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

We have AXA through my husband's company. It's not bad - but probably not the "greatest" either. We just get it because it comes "free"...

And Jennifer - we solve the GP/paed problem by going to a doctor who is both!! And she's one where we just swipe our AXA card and don't have to pay upfront. We're really lucky to have found her!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast