Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone wearing mask when going out now??

MamaC is offline Registered User

Anyone wearing mask when going out now??

So sad to heard the news today about the pregnant woman who got H1N1 and had the baby taken out,glad to hear the baby is not infected but the poor mother is still in danger now.Is anyone of you wearing mask when go out now??Anyone not going out at all to prevent the H1N1??Me myself I'm cutting out most of the activitys.Am I worrying toooooooo much....

Good luck everyone and God bless the mother and the baby~~

MamaC

carang is offline Registered User

i think you are worrying too much. really, the H1N1 as it stands right now is not that dangerous of a flu strain. this could change in the future but now, it isn't too bad. however, if you are very worried, why don't you call your doctor to discuss it?

wearing a mask WILL NOT stop you from contracting the flu. it MAY stop you from spreading it. most people in hk don't wear the masks properly anyway.

reei is offline Registered User

i guess always washing hands frequently with soap.. will be more effective than wearing masks.. ?

Neha is offline Banned

no masks wearing for us. we also have our activities My Gym, Socatots,

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

No mask for me. I am trying to be very good about washing my hands and my son's hands. Think is teething again so his fingers are often in his mouth which is a challenge!

SB2

staargrl is offline Registered User

it seems recently there's been a slight flare up again of h1n1 in hk- two of my friends actually contracted it!! the WHO is also advising that they're concerned b/c with winter comes flu season... so although i might be a bit worrying much as well, i've been careful about going out, esp to crowded places!!

geomum is offline Registered User

I am washing my and my daughter's hands very frequently too. But like Starbuck's son, my little one is teething too so her hand is mostly in her mouth. Pregnant women need to be more wary of the Swine Flu since they are 4 times more likely to be hospitalized if they contract the virus. Having said they have an increased risk of complications from any type of flu, because of supressed immune system in pregnancy. In the States pregnant women are high on the govt's priority list for those who ought to receive the new swine flu vaccine and I think this might be for a reason. I am hoping vaccine is introduced in Hong Kong soon.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

If you are going to curtail all activity and wear the silly mask, when would you stop and resume normal life?
    Or are you assuming that you wake up one day and swine flu will have gone away?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast