Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

parents beware..hk may not be so safe after all

carang is offline Registered User

someone already translated the "gist" of what was in the "article"...just read back a few posts.

capital is offline Banned

so she is upset because she wasn't watching her child close enough and he went off with a 6 year old? The onus is on her I think. Also she is advising everyone to beware of immigrant children and mainlanders because they are more likely to abduct your child? That is quite the generalization!

Thanks for the summery, I couldnt' figure out other one, I though it was something about falling into a drainage ditch.

reei is offline Registered User

thanks geomum, i was gonna try to translate during lunch time today, such a long article, i dont read chinese myself, but my colleague just read it out to me and in a haste, i just copied and paste the whole thing.

thanks to wenyihsu for summarising it all.

carang is offline Registered User

i agree, the mother is largely to blame for not watching her child closely... can't imagine not giving my children my full attention in the playground...

Quote Originally Posted by sandy0741 View Post
    It's really scary...... what these people are doing? Child trafficking .. is something i knew happen in China, but in HK too???? How can these people (wicked) bring these kids outside HK? they don't have any documents.....
    i am not sure how true these news are, i just received them by e-mails.
    as for the documents to traffic these kids out of hk, well , if there is a will there is a way..

rani is offline Administrator

The Ikea story is an urban legend. Remember it circulating last year.

MilkMonster Laughs: Is Hong Kong really that safe?

Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    i agree, the mother is largely to blame for not watching her child closely... can't imagine not giving my children my full attention in the playground...
    i did not read that article myself, but my colleague told me that.. the mother is something like taking mobile phone from handbag.. which is when you will take your eyes off the kids naturally. unless you make it a habit to stare at your kids and just have one hand rumbling in the handbag for the mobile phone..
    the author is not generalising about mainland kids but hinting there could be a syndicate to use kids to lure kids to secluded spots, then abducting them. after all, we don't know of many 5-6 years old kids that likes to play with a 3 year old. it appears that the older kid was using a ball to lure her son..

i dont mean to send a terifying message to all parents here, but i have seen parents who really.. raise no concern at all when kids are out of their sight..
    children abduction is such a terrible thing.. it should not happen to anyone..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast