Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

air pollution?

myriam is offline Registered User

How disgusting! And I tried to get bub to run around outside today. There should be a stronger warning about this. So sad to have to breath this air. Maybe there should be a warning on this site when the air pollution level breaks the roof.

e-mum is offline Registered User

I didn't realise until I watched the evening news about how high the pollutions was! A record high! Unfortunately, I had already taken my 2.5 year old twins for a walk in the park thinking what a lovely day it was!!!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

I didn't realise either and was happily wandering around Central with my little one yesterday.

Apparently it's nearly as bad today - I'm not really sure how to react to it, aircon and dehumidifier is on in the house however we've got Panda Junction scheduled later this morning... which is indoors... but getting there...?

What are others doing, stopping all outside the house activity or just things that are outside?

Frenchy is offline Registered User

I'm doing the usual stuff... taking my son to preschool (bus then indoor), then grocery shopping... and we'll play at home this afternoon. It's a pity we can't even enjoy a bicyle ride and playing football outside as the temperatures are just so good !!

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

my bub has been coughing for more than a week now and the cough syrup from the doc doesn't seem to be working.

since the weather's been warm, i've been opening the windows at night so that he can have some fresh air and i've also been putting the fan on for some air circulation. now i'm concerned about the air pollution coz we live by the sea but also a busy road so if i open the windows at night for him then it might not be "fresh" even though i prefer him having fresh air than the air-con air but but but i want him to get better soon - what do i do? do i buy an air purifier? i've a dehumidifier but we're supposed not to be in the room while it is doing its job, right?

my helper said that he is coughing (and vomitting sometimes) due to teething. he had mild fever for the past two days too. do you think this is teething-related? the doc told me that it's just a throat irritation since he has no chest/throat infection. i'm planning to take him to the doc again tonight since his cough syrup is about to finish.

wish i could have all his illnesses instead of him having to suffer. :(

Lali07 is offline Registered User

Effect of pollution on unborn babies?

Its awful isn't it? I had a bit of a freak out yesterday because I'm 9 weeks pregnant and worried about the effects on our developing baby :( I was very close to flying back to Aus to stay with my mum for a few days...

carang is offline Registered User

i would not open the windows at night, at least not for the next few days. last night at 12 it was still 500+!!!

this morning a little less (depending on where you live).

i have kept my kids out of school today (they open the windows there as well as a 10 minute wait for the bus and then another wait for the bus coming home.) i may be over-reacting, but i'm not letting my kids outside today either.

i've also cancelled classes at my playgroup. i don't want parents to feel like they have no choice but to bring their little babies out in this disgusting excuse for air!

carang is offline Registered User

lali: if i could take my kids to canada, i'do it tomorrow. sadly, we just don't have the $ to do so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast