Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Nursery Furniture and baby items

Sahroora is offline Registered User

Nursery Furniture and baby items

Hi Ladies,
    Since we are expectig our first baby early September; we are starting to plan for the nursery, but have no clue where to get nursery funiture and decor from, as well as strollers, basinet....etc in Hong Kong. If you know any good places I would really appreciate the help. as I mentioned in my previous thread we will be arriving in Honk Kong late June so I am hoping that would give us enough time to find nursey furniture and baby items.

Thanks,
    Sahroora

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

The main options are:

Bumps to Babes (one in Central, one in Ap Lei Chau) - large baby store with brands from the UK, Australia, US etc. See the website for addresses and contact details: Bumps To Babes Mother & Baby Superstores

Mothercare (lots of locations); not as well stocked as the UK ones, but still a decent range of cots/strollers etc. Mothercare - nursery furniture, pushchairs, car seats, baby clothes, toys & gifts

Eugene Baby Club (Central, Kowloon Bay and 3 other locations): more Asian brands, lots of choice. www.eugenegroup.com.hk

The problem particularly with BtoB and Mothercare is that if the cot (or whatever) you want isn't in stock, you can wait 3 months for delivery from the UK. So if you need something urgently, it's worth checking out classified ads. Geobaby has some, but the main resource for buying secondhand baby stuff is (hope I'm allowed to mention this) a website called AsiaXpat (do a google search).

Hope that helps!

Pannaiah likes this.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

Ikea too, for the furniture.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

Toys-r-Us also has baby items; the one in TST is the largest.
    It pays to shop around, if you have the time.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Also some of the department stores like Wing On, or Sogo, Jusco, Apita etc... We got our cot from Apita and got a bunch of stuff from Wing On - they often have better sales than the specialty baby stores. I got our cot for about 40% off, and also got a lot of stuff from Wing On when they had something like 20-30% off the entire baby department...

Sahroora is offline Registered User

Thank you ladies, as we will be arriving to HK Late June and the baby is due in early September I am hoping that would give us enough time to shop around. Now that we have all these options you suggested I am sure we will find all the stuff we need.
    Thanks!

LOJITT is offline Registered User

Sahoora- where are you coming from? The reason I ask is that a lot of stuff is WAY cheaper in countries like the UK so if you're having things shipped over it's worth buying there and bringing it with you.

eg Bugaboo Cameleon- ?750 UK, HK$11000 HK.

Maxi Cosi car seats also a lot cheaper. Cots also a lot cheaper.

I have been a cheapskate and bought my pram 2nd hand on UK ebay and bringing it back with me when I go home this month for 2 weeks :-)

Once you're here, asiaexpat is worth perusing for bits and bobs although some people have rather unreaslitic expectations of what you'll pay for 2nd hand goods.

shuchisingh is offline Registered User

horizon plaza has a lot of new stores to choose baby furniture from. plus ocean terminal has a lot of choices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast