Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Big 1

rani is offline Administrator

The Big 1

Well we're approaching the big 1 :cheerlead And I still haven't figured out how to celebrate Dhruv's big day. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it special without going overboard?

Dhruv doesn't do to well in big groups. He was so clingy at the last couple of birthday parties we attended. What should we do?

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

ali
    ali is offline Registered User

I think 1st birthdays are a great opportunity to celebrate with very few other children and just a gathering of adult friends and family. This will probably be the only time that ALL the focus is on your little one at a birthday party, so make the most of it.

shri is offline Administrator

Ali,

Just curious, why do say that this is the only party where the focus would be on the little one? Dhruv's a bit too young to appreciate the focus .. even though I have a feeling he does.

In my opinions .. the focus should be a celebration for the parents. After all, we survived and more importantly so did the little one. :D

Shri

rini is offline Registered User

According to what I feel, 1 year old babies never remember their first B'day celebration. You can als bet that they won't really understand what the commotion is all about. Babies usually tire out easily. What I did for my daughter's(Ani's) first B'day was, on the B'day day, we took her out to a place she loves-Ocean Park. In the evening we had a small private party of people she knows. Clicked a lot of pics, allowed her to make a mess of the cake (She was dipping her fingers into it) BTW, the cake was designed in the shape of a pink car (something she recognises). She can see the pics when she grows up.
    On the weekend had a huge bash with our friends (with Ani sleeping), after all we (parents) have come through sleepless nights, rashes, shots, midnight feedings , emotional stress etc.

-rini

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

I have not a clue (but too much focus, noise or sugar-cake seems more 2, 3 or more to me than 1...) Mine will be 1 in 2 months so I'll keep an eye on all the answers you'll get on this one ;-)
    To my point of you, your living room (he's home, he likes it) full of ballons, your closet friends but 3 children max and funny music to the ears should be fine because I agree with Rini, they don't remember there first birthday so it's more for us as Sri says and also for pictures which have to be nice in order to show them when they are grown ups !
    In advance, enjoy & film !

:yeah2 :yeah2

Hi Alex,

D's first birthday was a bit of fiasco. We had some water damage in our flat and had to move out for a few days. Very last minute I ordered a birthday cake and took it to his playgroup. I tried to make up for it on his 2nd birthday and had a big party. But I'd have to say out of all he enjoyed his 3rd bday the most. We just had a simple party at home with 10 of his closet friends. He was really excited. He particpated in the games, went wild when he saw the Thomas cake and blew all the candles. Overall lots of fun.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

TanyaH is offline Registered User

Hi Rani,

I thought D was going to be 4....
    A freind of mind did a 4th or 5th birthday at Mt Austin Road Park - turned it into a big picnic. Had the usual games and everyone had a blast.

T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top