Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cradle Cap

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong

Cradle Cap

Cradle Cap is a harmless skin condition characterized by oily, yellowish scales or crusted patches. It is very commoin in infants. Usually its on the scalp, but may also be on the forehead, eyebrows, behind the ears or in the groin area.

What can we do?

1. Apply olive oil/baby oil into the affected area and cover with a warm towel for 10-15mins. Massage gently and remove scales with a fine tooth comb.

2. Wash the affected area with baby shampoo, rinse throughly

3. Repeat the above procedure 2-3 times weekly if necessary.

4. If the condition doesn't improve, or the rash spreads to your baby's face, neck and crease area, call your pediatrician.

5. Once the condition has improved, you can prevent it from recurring by frequent hair washing with a mild baby shampoo.

Canossa Celeste Child Centre
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Stella is offline Registered User
    Cradle Cap can be annoying and hard to get rid of. My son had it for a few months until we switched baby products. The aromababy Shampoo, Barrier Balm worked really well for us.

Also our midwife provided lots of helpful tips about massaging the area, and leaving something on the area overnight to help lift it.

The massaging seemed to be relaxing for our son as well and a nice mother/baby time.

I originally spoke to someone about the Olive Oil option, however apparently depending on how the oil is derived, it could contain a chemical base. Also some ‘baby oils’ are actually petroleum based – better to use a sweet almond oil.

J x 2 is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Mustela Cradle Cap Shampoo Mousse Works Wonders!

Mustela Cradle Cap Shampoo in mousse form is the only thing that works for my kids when they were babies. It costs around $80 dollars but can last for 3 months! Can be easily rinse off and extremly gentle on new born. Should give it a try!

Marta is offline Registered User
    I used for my son the Mustela shampoo,too and the effect hass been visible after the first application. After several more it was totally gone.
    Mustela works really great.

val23 is offline Registered User

Mustela Cradle Cap Shampoo

I'm just wondering if I can use this shampoo on my 7 wk old baby everyday? Or should this be used a few times a week only?

armstroe is offline Registered User
    I'm also a big fan of the Mustela baby shampoo. I used it everyday from the time my daughter was about 3 weeks old. The one container lasted almost 6 months.

I'm now using the Khiel's baby shampoo - it's excellent, no suds and easy to wash out. You only have to use a bit.

mong1972 is offline Registered User
    Pok Fu Lam
    Thumbs up for Mustela Shampoo too! My daughter used Dentinox previously but it got worse. Mustela cleared it all!

ollyvia is offline Registered User
    Are you talking about the "normal" shampoo or (in the beginning of the thread) the shampoo mousse for cradle cap? My daughter is 13 mths now. But just recently noticed that she as a bit of cradle cap on her scalp. Is it normal to happen to such an "old" baby? I've always used Mustela "normal" shampoo on her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast