Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Private Wards in Public Hospitals

sabine is offline Registered User

Question Private Wards in Public Hospitals

Hi,
    I've just discovered that the private delivery ward at the Prince of Wales Hospital is still closed due to SARS. The staff could not give me any schedule for the reopening which seems to depend on the decision of the Health Department.
    I was really keen to go to the PoW but I'm terrified of the public ward after I heard some really strange stories.

Does anyone know about the situation in other Public Hospitals? Can you recommend another hospital in the N.T. (we live in Clearwater Bay)?

Thanks a lot
    Sabine (a bit desperate at almost 8 month...)

loupou is offline Baby Guru

Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Sorry if this is too late (i've been on holiday) but I've known a couple of women who gave birth at Queen Elizabeth Hospital and they said great things about it. It's not too far from CWB by taxi.

It used to be if it was your second or later baby, you could give birth at the Mona Fung clinic in Sai Kung town. Call them (2163 9260) and see if this service still exists.

ec822 is offline Registered User

Any private wards in Margaret Hospital?

I registered in Margaret Hospital, any such private wards? What's the pros and cons?

RACHNA is offline Registered User

I M 22 Weeks Pregnant N Would Like To Know If Public Hospitals Provide Private Rooms For Normal Delivery.......i Have Registered Myself In Princess Margaret Hospital....

:yeah2:swoman

mosmom is offline Registered User

sabine, what kind of stories did you hear about the POW? I gave birth there last month and stayed 3 days in the public ward. everything went fine! the ward was full, but the nurses nevertheless took their time to coach me in breastfeeding/expressing milk, around 3 times! once, they showed how to bathe the baby. but honestly speaking, i didn't expect more than having my baby safely delivered and that my episiotomy wound heals well. the day after delivery, one nurse even stayed outside my shower cabin, waiting for me to finish, as she was concerned that i would faint in there. all in all, it was really okay :cheerlead

mosmom is offline Registered User

ps: i was in a private delivery room. i laboured there for about 10-12 hours and delivered my baby in the same room. there was nobody else in there. according to the midwife's info, there are 8 such delivery rooms at POW. the ward is very modern, and my husband could stay with me throughout labour and delivery.