Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Dad's groups?

Sam
    Sam is offline Registered User

Hey Kevin ... forgot to say congrats on becoming a Dad soon. Will you go in with your wife to deliver the baby?

I wish I could of with mine, but becos of the SARS the hospital wouldn't let ppl in the wards or delivery room which was a shocker for us both as we thought we'd be together for the birth.

So my wife had to do it all on her own ... and now we have a 3 month old bundle of joy called Jade. I'm very happy and proud of both of them.

kevin is offline Registered User

Hi Sam, congrats to you as well :D

I hope they will let me in the delivery room, they have said so but reserved the right to refuse if SARS came back.

For meeting up, lets see what everyone says. Been a long time since I was in TST so you will have to suggest the bar!

re Shatin, ever go to Railway Tavern or the other bars in Tai Wai? Managed to get a few Geoexpat guys up there a while back. Maybe we could organise another outing one day, I promise to to get visas for all the HKers :)

K/

dryice66 is offline Registered User

Count me in too!

Well TST would be perfect and it's always interesting to catch up with new ppl and share experiences. Dinner or drinks is good. If the group wants a dinner buffet at Hyatt Regency on the Nathan Road, I can organise a half price deal as I work there - full price is around HK$228 at the moment - I'm sure you can do the math. Otherwise a nice bar is cool too. Any other ideas?

shri is offline Administrator

Ok. TST it is then... spoke to Kevin earlier today and he thinks getting me down (up?) to TST two weeks in a row is pretty umm.. amusing.

Hyatt Regency or Someplace else in the Sheraton sound good.

(10 years in HK and I've never been inside the Hyatt. At Someplace else about 3 times and the Holiday Inn once... so don't take my word for it, I'm clueless about TST in particular..)

How does a Wednesday sound or would Friday be better?

Shri

Sam
    Sam is offline Registered User

Cheers Kevin. I don't know much about the pubs over in Shatin area, just Shatin Beer at the Hilton Plaza. Can make a wee trip to Tai Wai to visit their fine establishments one day.

Shri & dryice66, TST sounds great then. I agree, always good to meet up with new people.

Hyatt sounds ok. There a nice Brazilian BBQ place up in TST East which has a dinner buffet for $98, then for $38 or so you can have unlimited drinks (includes beer)

Or there's some Irish pubs about. I don't know TST much either, just some places here and there.

My wife ain't too keen with Friday but either day is ok with me =P

dryice66 is offline Registered User

Talking Almost there..

wednesday is usually great for me.
    Happy to do Brazilian BBQ with cheap drinks - can't go wrong!
    Name the time and place - swap some contact details via the prviate messages and let's hook up....

kevin is offline Registered User

Ahh, Shatin Beer. I remember it well, used to live in New Town Palza just oposite and dropped in there a few times. l little bit too much of the dice games and bad Canto pop for my taste :) Also seem to remember having to go outside to the shopping centre to go to the loo.

I need to take you on a trip to Tai Wai, very close by, we even used to walk back in the evening if it was not too hot. There are also some nice places up in Tai Po woth a visit.

shri is offline Administrator

Folks,

Wednesday and Brazilian it is.

I'll be emailing everyone on this thread on Saturday night.

Shri

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast