Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

mom's book club

Helen is offline Registered User

mom's book club

I thought it might be a nice idea to start a book club for moms - to give them a chance to talk about something else besides diapers, feedings, potty training, etc. Would anyone else be interested? It could take place once a month (initially at a restaurant/coffee shop, etc.) on a week night.

Lipe is offline Registered User

I am interesting

on this. Could you give a little bit more information?? Are you the same person that post on AsiaXpat?

suz
    suz is offline Registered User

yes, count me in, pelase.

rani is offline Administrator

Hey,

This brings back loads of memories. I used to be in a book club a few years ago and our discussions always involved pitchers and pitchers of sangria. :D

Let me know which books you select. I can supply them at a discounted price.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Helen is offline Registered User

Book Club

Yes I just posted a similar thread on asiaexpat - just casting a wider net. For all those who are interested why don't you email me on [email protected]
    I'll get everyone's concensus on date, venue and book. Also, as mentioned on the asiaexpat site, I thought it would be a good idea if everyone asked an interested friend to join as well, thereby quickly increasing our membership - as we all know that with the busy Hong Kong lifestyle, quite a few of us won't be able to make every meeting. I thought that we could call ourselves HK.MRS (Hong Kong Mom's Reading Society). BTW I'm a stay at home mom of a wonderful 3 year old boy. My husband and I have been living in HK (on and off) for over 10 years, so I'm an "old timer" of Hong Kong. I'm originally from Canada although my parents are from Hong Kong. Look forward to hearing from everyone.

rani is offline Administrator

Helen,

When are you planning the first meeting? Have you decided on a book? Let us know so we can post it on the calendar and remind everyone.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002