Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any comment on Tutor Time?

sab
    sab is offline Registered User

Any comment on Tutor Time?

I brought my son to a playgroup for 6 months old to 1 year old at Tutor Time (Red Hill branch) last saturday for a trial class and its really good. The session lasted for 1.5 hours and half of the session is conducted in Mandarin while the other half is conducted in English.

They offer a variety of activities for the baby as opposed to those offered by Gymboree (my son also goes to Gymboree once a week).

Anybody here whose child is going to Tutor Time for preschool? Would like to hear if anybody has any comments on this preschool (planning ahead...).

HKMum is offline Registered User

Smile Good experience with Tutortime

We also had a great experience with Tutortime.
    I had my son in the 18month to 2 year playgroup and he always had a really terrific time.
    We found the teachers to be excellent. Very enthusiastic and they keep all the kids attention by coming up with new and interesting play ideas every 10 to 15 minutes. As all parents know.....to keep the attention of a 1 to 2 year old for more than a moment is hard work!
    I would rate Tutotime very highly and recommend it to anyone looking to introduce Mandarin to their childs language repetoir.
    The school itself also has the parent cam. so parents wanting to check in on their children or curious to see what their children may be up to can log in to a private online site and watch their kids in action live.(for this you need a password of course!)
    They also have a great security so, you don't have to worry about your childs safety and amazing safety features within the school such as, a very heavy front door(that little people can no way get out of) which will turn to gel form should there be a fire.
    It's things like this that help to put your mind at ease when deciding upon a pre-school and you feel as though they have put allot of thought and effort into the school.

MrsLau is offline Registered User
    I brought my 11 mths old baby boy to attend their Summer course in the past few weeks. It was quite good but unfortunately I have to stop sending him there as both myself and my husband will have no time to accompany him anymore in all coming Saturdays ( we used up our annual leaves already). So I have to look for other playgroups that has classes on non-office hours. Any suggestions ?

HKMum is offline Registered User

weekend playgroups

You're son may enjoy something on the weekend with you and your husband like gymboree located in St. John's building Garden Road.
    They do groups on Saturdays as far as i know.
    It's more physical/fun as opposed to tutortime which is more of a pre-school environment.
    You can do a trial class to see if your son enjoys it.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    Have you tried the “Mother and Toddler” groups at the Preschool Playgroups Association (PPA)?
    They have sessions where for helpers and toddlers as well.

HKPPA, 2/F East Wing, 12 Borrett Road, Mid-levels 2523 2599
    They also have other centers around the territory, as well as at Borrett Road, at Tai Po, Tai Hang Road, Heng Fa Chuen, and Sai Kung.

MrsLau is offline Registered User
    Thanks HKMum & Barbwong