Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Helper for my helper?

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    I have a part-time helper (Hong Konger). She is very good and efficient. I got her through the Labour Dept (23174567 or 28663256), no agency fee and is legal. I pay her HKD50 per hour and have her to come in twice a week for about 5 hours. The dept called two weeks later to check whether she is ok and if she is not, they will get another one for me. The only problem is she doesn't speak English (which is fine with me because I can speak Mandarin). So, if you are calling the dept, make sure you ask for a helper that can speak English. Good luck!

dulce is offline Registered User
    Hi Rafa, you can also call ReadyMaid Agency, 31882826 or 31882827 my Australian friend found an excellent nanny-helper who took Caregiver Course for a better knowledge on taking care of babies and toddlers. Their professional service is quite appreciated.

Yzabelle is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong Side

Hello Twinkle,

Sent you a private message.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkle
    Hi everyone,

I have a 15 month old baby and another baby soon to arrive.

My helper is really good with our baby. She is gentle and caring and talks to her all day, which has really helped her development. The problem is that our helper is really not good at much else. She can't cook, doesn't do the grocery, and although she keeps the house tidy, any heavy duty cleaning doesn't really get done unless I start it on the weekends. She just can't seem to manage too many things at once.

My worry is that with two babies to care for, she will be able to manage even less around the house.

I've seen some other families with two kids and two helpers. Is that the norm? I can't really afford or justify that kind of thing.

JulesW is offline Registered User

Dear Twinkle

I couldn't agree more with the last 2 replies. 1. You should not clean on Saturday your helper should. She is already doing very little except being a babysitter.
    2.Find a new one. So many need and want jobs. Just make the schedule clear while explaining that the babies are 1st priority, but you need help catching up with cleaning on Sat.
    Certainly getting a second is not the answer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123