Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tutor Time

Swoon is offline Banned

Tutor Time

Has anyone taken their baby to Tutor Time? Is it recommended for a 5 month old baby?

rani is offline Administrator
    Bzee.

There's some info on TT here:

Any comment on Tutor Time?

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

smy
    smy is offline Registered User
    I don't really like TutorTime. I brought my the baby to the kowloon tong campus couple months ago. I think the campus is really nice, the facilities are nice, and everywhere is looking nice. BUT, the teachers are not qualified. They didn't really know how to communicate with kids. It seemed to me that they were not really care about the kids.

lili is offline Registered User
    I visited yesterday Tutor Time in Kowloon Tong. Pupils seem to have hun there. The only inconvinient thing is that there is no school bus. Kids need to take a private bus to school. Is there anyone who had this kind of experience? is it safe for our kids?

spsmok is offline Registered User
    Hi Bzee,

My daughter has been going to Tutor Time since last October. She really enjoyed her class and loved her teachers. In my daughter's class, all the kids seem to enjoy the class, and I haven't heard any complaints from other parents.

:cheerlead

Ching Ching is offline Registered User
    I live in Hong Kong Island. Which branch of Tutortime is better? Are they same?Thanks!

AudreysMom is offline Registered User
    I send my 22 month old daughter to tutor time in tai tam (redhills) and I have very mixed feelings. The session is 1 hr 30 minutes long and is split half in Mandarin and half in English - which I like. The teachers are hit or miss. The mandarin teacher (miss may) is VERY good. She really engages the kids and she has fun with it. My daughter loves her. There was a very bad male English teacher who I did not like at all. He was so unbelievably unprofessional and was always coughing and seemed unhappy, sick, low on energy, drinking his coffee in the classroom. But he was replaced by this other English man teacher who is new but seems to be better. Don't even get me started on the front desk receptionist!!! The original woman who runs the front desk was good. She was professional and she knew what to do. But I think she left because she gotvpregnant. This new woman who is there now is terrible. She is unhappy, always has a blank look / scowl on her face and treats parents like they complete idiots. She never has answers, does not know what is going on and is always very rude and short. She needs a serious attitude adjustment. I had an issue with a payment once- and she was so adamant about not letting my child go to class because I did not physically bring proof of payment (the deadline for payment was that same day). The principal Ms Watson is very nice and very reasonable.

In summary, they go rid of the guy teacher who was a bad apple... and unfortunately they have a lady who gossips on the phone and obviously hates her job running the front desk, but if you can look beyond that, the sessions are great - ESP the mandarin lesson.

AudreysMom is offline Registered User
    I also really like the facilities. They are very big and very spacious. The classrooms are a bit small, and they limit you to one parent/adult per child, which I don't mind.

Note- I send my daughter on a weekday and a Saturday. The Saturday sessions have more parents accompanying the kids while the weekday session is almost 90% maids. I personally feel the quality of education / interaction my child receives is far superior on Saturdays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast