Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

URGENT cry for help! need a helper

anna is offline Registered User

Unhappy URGENT cry for help! need a helper

ok, so some of you are going to laugh at this (if you know my nanny / maid stories!)
    but i really do have a disaster on my hands - and for once, it REALLY is NOT my fault ;-)
    My situation is this: I'm moving to Singapore (permanently) on Sunday - movers have been here (HK) and taken all my stuff and i'm all packed and ready. My new home in S'pore is all set-up sheets and all, so all i have to do is get on the plane. Upon my arrival i was to be greeted at the house by my new maid.
    nope! i just found out today by the agency organising her safe settlement into my place that she is pregnant! After long discussions it has been decided its better for her to fly back to the Philippines and to her family.
    OUCH! dilemma number 1: I have a VERY important work dinner on Monday (absolutely no way of re-scheduling as they are in town for two days only!) and was relying on the maid to over-see my baby while i went out. (my daughter sleeps all night so she wouldn't have even known I'd popped out)
    Does anyone know if there is an agency similar to that of "rentamum" or such like, in Singapore, and do you have the number?
    dilemma 2: instead of re-interviewing (AGAIN) if you have any friends who can recommend a helper i would be eternally grateful!
    fyi i'm a single parent trying to juggle home and work so a helper is essential.
    I appreciate any / all comments and suggestions & you can always email me at [email protected]

thanks

aohman is offline Registered User

Anna,

Sorry that stuff is happening! ugh. Hang in there.

Just a thought but have you checked out asiaXpat.com (singapore site) for finding a maid? Give it a whirl.

As for finding a babysitter -- again, just a thought, but the 4 star hotels tend to have babysitting as an option. SInce your little one sleeps through the night, you'd only need someone to "be there" Maybe you could rent a babysitter out from one of the hotels?

Best of luck.

rani is offline Administrator

Anna,

Just sent you an email.

Rani

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

anna is offline Registered User

Unhappy you gotta laugh

thanks for your words of wisdom!
    my friends nearly wet themselves laughing tonight at my new maid story! you gotta laugh really, right?
    no one ever said it was easy finding good staff these days, but no-one ever said it was this hard either!
    ;-)