Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Looking for a twin stroller

alyssaditya is offline Registered User

Looking for a twin stroller

Im looking for a twin stroller specially a back and front model, can anyome suggest which store should i go. I already went to mothercare store but they dont have this model & they have a side by side model but i have to order first and have to wait around 6 weeks.
    Please.. any suggestion.. i need it really badly.

thanks,
    Lidya

aohman is offline Registered User
    I would encourage you to think through your preference for a front to back instead of a side by side model -- especially since you may have difficulty accessing lifts and escalators in Hong Kong.

I bought a side by side Maclaren which I purchased at Bumps to Babes -- it is the sturdiest of the bunch, but it does weigh a ton. I chose it because my children are both pretty well built and I didn't want the frame swaying nor did I want to experience difficulty in making pin point turns! The other down side is that it isn't easy to collapse. I think I paid around $2400 for it; I can't remember. It's great for airport transits and it's very well made, but in HK, we usually take it out when my husband is pushing :-) I do take it out from time to time. It's a great work out.

I also liked the Peg Perego (it is much lighter and very easy to open and close). The frame is much lighter than the Maclaren. It costs about $2850. There isa also a Graco model at about $2300 -- the down side is that it is slightly more difficult to collapse and there is no clear division of space for the two children (it's just one long seat with no divider).

Bumps to Babes carries all three models. They were by far the nicest that I saw. You just need to know what your priorities for usage.

suz
    suz is offline Registered User
    There is a shop at Winsor House Causeway Bay that sells twin strollers - it's on the first floor. alternatively I think I saw one at Jarcardi in Times Sq. Call up and ask.

babyblue is offline Registered User
    Yes that shop in Windsor House is the upmarket "Eugene" store. I haven't seen many parents pushing double strollers here. We considered buying a double stroller but it seems impossible to push around. How do I carry it up stairs, escalators, down supermarket aisles etc..