Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

re-usable nappies/diapers

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Hello everybody,

I posted the original question, and am now the proud mum of a 6 week old baby! We have been using cloth nappies part-time, have tried samples of lots of different brands, and really like Motherease one-size from Canada. No leaks so far, whereas lots with Pampers. It's a two-piece system which is good because the top layer provides a second barrier to leaks. The Motherease.com website is also very friendly to international ordering, plus has an economical trial pack.

Tried the Kushies from BTB and they are fine, also absorbency improves with each wash so don't be put off if they leak the first time you use them. But hard to get a snug fit around the leg gussets, and we are also using cloth wipes which get stuck to the velcro in the wash, whereas the Motherease system is all poppers.

benjy is offline Banned
    Hello Everybody!

I've also heard recently of cloth diapers and I definitively want to give it a try (even switch completely if possible) for my second child.

so I would be very interested to know how much you pay your napppies in HK.

Besides, what kind of laundry detergent are u using? from what i've read, it is recommended to use a biological one. do u know anyone around?

Otherwise it seems to me that I will order some diapers from Canada- Motherase.com and the US (zannadu.com eventually) so as to try different types and shapes to see which one suits me and my baby best!!

Finally, Jenny, from what I've read, Kushies are not recommended for breastfeeding babies..but it seems that the AIO (all-in-one) from Motherease have a good reputation.. than, AIO are also appreciated for babies taking care at the nursery or by a 'ama' since it is easier. however, they may need some more time to dry (which may a problem for us when humidity is at its high..)
    Last edited by benjy; 10-13-2004 at 01:52 PM.

jacquelyn is offline Registered User
    I have a 6 month old daughter and also use cloth nappies. I did a lot of research before I bought them and chose to try Motherease and Totsbots from Scotland, both of which I ordered over the internet. I am very pleased with both brands and would recommend both, but my favorites are the Sandy's nappies from Motherease which are sized (as are the Totsbots) rather than being one size fits all. I use the Motherease airflow outer wrap for both types of nappy. I have never had any leakages with the cloth nappy systems - unlike with Pampers! I purchased a nappy bucket from Mothercare which seals in the odour very well, I don't need to soak the nappies just wash on 60 degrees C - and I only wash a bucket full every 2 days. They dry overnight on an outside clothesline. I also use disposable paper liners - in theory this means that the poo can be removed before washing however have generally found that so far watery breastmilk poo mostly goes through - still it probably helps a little. These liners can be flushed like toilet paper.

www.totsbots.com for further information

ozmaofoz is offline Registered User
    Besides, what kind of laundry detergent are u using? from what i've read, it is recommended to use a biological one. do u know anyone around?
    benjy - I think you mean NON biological, right?

benjy is offline Banned
    Yes you're right of course!!

jhti_my3 is offline Registered User

Motherease one size diapers

Hi all,
    I've looked into Motherease one size diapers and wonder if anyone of you have used them. It can be very hot in HK and the one size diapers seem very thick. Would it be too hot for the baby? Any problems with that before?

benjy is offline Banned
    aiaielle..
    well im sorry, I've just lost my long reply on the motherease diapers..and don't fancy starting again now..
    to make it brief, i am afraid the One Size would be too big for a new born baby (mine hasn't arrived yet so I only tried the diapers on my bigger child). so for my 4-year old daughter, the diaper is ok and too not thick but for my 2nd baby to come I dont expect to use it before it is 4/5 kilos at least.. so unless u expect a big baby, it is better to think about other diapers to start with..
    if u think of having other children aferwards, the different sizes may be an option.
    benjy

jdang is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone,

Anyone out there using BUMWEAR cloth diaper pants for their babies? I'm told that the more frequent you use & wash the pants & inserts, the better absorbent they'll be. I've just started my twins on cloth diaper this week using BUMWEAR so I want to find out if any parents out there can confirm this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast