Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory


ID Cards and Hong Kong Hospitals

  1. #1
    ctrbabe1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Pok Fu Lam, Hong Kong

    Question Question for Rani

    Hi Rani-
    I read your post on the costs for private and general care at Queen Mary Hospital, but I have a question. We are living here only temporarily while my husband is in school, and so I'm being given only a temporary HK ID card. (Sam is a Hong Kong resident). Will that be good enough to get the resident rates? Or will I still be charged as a general patient? (I'm not pregnant or anything right know, would just like to know for future reference.)

    All the best,

  2. #2
    shri's Avatar
    shri is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Hong Kong

    katie, yes you should be able to use the local hospitals as long as you're a legal resident (temporary is not the issue) in HK.

    By the way, you're better of asking non-pregnancy related questions on GeoExpat.Com

Similar Threads

  1. BF in Hong Kong
    By michtan in forum Feeding Baby
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 08:52 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
  3. New in Hong Kong
    By richasrivas79 in forum Moving Forums
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 01:04 PM
  4. New to Hong Kong do you know where I can buy...
    By lambiebeatty in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 10:47 PM
  5. New in Hong Kong
    By krutherf in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2004, 12:10 PM

Tags for this Thread

Scroll to top