- 11-05-2003, 11:34 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2003
- hONG kONG
I noticed that most doctors in HK make an extra charge (e.g. 1,000 per day!) to us if we have a private room. The Matilda management say that there is no extra charge to the doctor if I have a private room. If it costs the doctor nothing and causes him no extra effort, then I don't understand why doctors charge us extra for something that doesn't effect them. I don't want to be rude and press the issue with the doctor, but it bothers me a bit. Am I missing something?
- 11-05-2003, 11:57 PM #2
This is one of the reasons we were inspired to start GeoBaby!
More info here:
How it all started -- Hong Kong Doctors vary their charges by the class of the room.
Last edited by rani; 11-06-2003 at 12:25 AM.Founder of GeoBaby.Com
- 11-07-2003, 09:21 AM #3Baby Guru
- Join Date
- Mar 2003
- New Territories
One of the reason I chose to give birth in a public hospital the seocnd time aorund was because of the extra charges. Not my OB, who had an open/transparent price structure (printed leaflet in the office at the receptionist's desk), but the *other* charges:
Anaesthesiologist! I got an epidural and it was a Sunday and that added almost another 15K! That was a BIG shock.
Paediatrician. My OB told me about this, so it wasn't a huge surprise, but still $HK 500 for each "laying on of hands". Plus my bb was jaundiced and had to spend 3 extra days and the paed. had to examine her daily.
I love my girl, but it still rankles me how much $ I spent at her birth.
- By hope2008 in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
- By adlcme in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 0Last Post: 03-14-2010, 04:44 PM
- By jamesandsimo in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 2Last Post: 06-04-2007, 08:48 PM
- By bbc mom in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 03-31-2007, 11:16 AM
- By Rachel in forum EducationReplies: 2Last Post: 02-02-2004, 04:44 PM