Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Moving to HK with infant....advice?

best friend is offline Registered User
    we moved here when baby was 7 months old, and what we didn't know (and never thought of asking) was that the voltage is different. Monitor, electric breast pump, etc. were scrapped.

ozmaofoz is offline Registered User
    I've thought of that! We won't be bringing anything with us but some diapers, an umbrella stroller, a lightweight car seat for the flight over (baby sleeps well in a car seat), a sling, and the hiking backpack. I'll be packing the stroller in a suitcase - it's small.

pkh
    pkh is offline Registered User
    Are you going to stay on the Kowloon side? IF so, perhaps we could link up after you settle down. We live in TsimShaTsui on the Kowloon side. I have a daughter of 10 months who needs some friends! We have lived in Texas (Dallas) for over 10 years before we moved here. Have a good flight over.

lavanda_fairy is offline Registered User

Smile

I just want to say have a nice flight and hope you and your little one enjoy live in HK.

ozmaofoz is offline Registered User
    Thank you for the well wishes! I am so looking forward to the change. The city I live in (Houston, Tx) is very spread out and requires constant driving to get anywhere. No real public transport. It's very stressful. I'm looking forward to an opposite sort of stress (everything closer together) and public transport. I love public transport!

I am getting concerned with the SARS issue, though. My concern is not the city so much. My DH has assured me that things (ast least where he lives and works) are very clean. My concern is flying for 23 hours, and the possibility that we'll get sick on the plane. I would hate to put off joining my DH until this latest flu season (and SARS scare) is over. Does anyone have any opinions?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123