Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Need Help

Sha
    Sha is offline Registered User

Unhappy Need Help

Hi,

My five month old son refuses to recognize me. He's more interested in his grandmother and father and tends to look straight through me.

I spend a good amount of time with him, whenever times permits, I feed him, bathe him, put him to sleep, etc. And yet, I just can't seem to get a smile from him, like his grandmother does...

What am i doing wrong? Anyone have any tips on how to get closer to my baby?

Thanks.

shri is offline Administrator

And you're sure its just not paranoia?

Sha

that's what i thought it may have been, but i'm getting more and more convinced that it's not paranoia.

jane01 is offline Registered User

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that babies are more relaxed with their primary care givers, usually mum. This means that they will show a wider range of emotions with mum because they are more confident with her. Unfortunately for mum, this means that they will show everything from happiness, playfulness all the way through to grumpiness, crossness (is that a word?). You might fulfil the role of the dependable loving person in her life. Others might be more playful. Also, if you are the primary caregiver, your baby will be excited to see new people and naturally ignore you whilst they are around. Be thankful you don't have a clingy baby !

Just remember, love isn't a pie. If a piece of love is cut for dad and grandma, that doesn't mean that you get a smaller piece. Love is infinite. The more love you have, the more love you get. There can't be too much of it.

Well, that was more deep and meaningful than I intended to be. Goodluck and don't worry.

may
    may is offline Registered User

I've the same experience when my BB was 4 months old,his grandmother and i took care of him, but he only smiled to his grandma and seemed didn't like to look at me. At first, I tried to play "Hide and Seek"with him. He was interested in this kind of games and started to have eye contact with me. The problem solved when he was around 9 months old. Now he is 2.5 year old and only attaches to me though I'm a working mother!
    So, TAKE IT EASY!!

Sha

Thnaks guys. I hope u are right.

Scroll to top