Desperately Shopping Sai Kung
- 03-10-2007, 11:51 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- Fo Tan
There really aren't any one stop superstores in Hong Kong so if you are used to that kind of shopping, be prepared for a change.
- 03-11-2007, 11:24 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
- Hong Kong
Jusco of Tseung Kwan O (Hang Hau MTR) is just like the Walmart as it has everything from baby stuff to electircal appliances, meat and vegetables, food court...etc. It is of a reasonable size but not as big as those giant superstore in US though.
Apart from teh Wellcome supermarket in Sai Kung, many people live in Sai Kung do go to Tseung Kwan O for shopping, cycling and outing as this area is also quite developed and convenient. It takes 20 mins from Sai Kung to TKO. Good to explore new things after you settle down.
Taste of Kowloon Tong is a bit far and is more upsacle. But be careful buying some frosen sea food there as I accidentially bought the "oil fish" from Taste last time while they told us it is scold fish. They refushed to refund and admit cheating of customers b y putting wrong lable too. After it was widely reported in teh news about other supermarket sell "oil fihs", Taste just removed the lables but still continue to sell. So no matter how big is the supermarket or how "upscale" it is, be careful when you choose your food. Kowloon Tong is a bit far compared with TKO too.
- By mpalser in forum EducationReplies: 10Last Post: 03-05-2011, 06:15 PM
- By ahlee666 in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 8Last Post: 06-05-2009, 09:23 AM
- By Ce Cia in forum EducationReplies: 3Last Post: 04-15-2008, 09:24 AM
- By Leeah's mom in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 9Last Post: 10-13-2007, 11:31 PM
- By usfret in forum Everything ElseReplies: 12Last Post: 10-07-2006, 08:11 PM