Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Photo for Canadian Passport

cari is offline Registered User
    Tks Twinkle. Where is IFC? I took my baby to the one in Happy Valley today but it will take 5 days to get the pic.

cari

Mona is offline Registered User
    IFC is right next to Exchange Square, where the Canadian Consulate is located.

The photoshop twinkle mentioned is really great, I think the place is called Photo 2000, they also took a few photos of my baby and let me pick the best one, and the photos are ready in an hour.

macguire is offline Registered User
    The Canadian Consulate is fussy. Make sure your pictures have a STAMPED address of the photo shop, and the date taken. The shop in IFC is great. You need a different size of pictures for the Certificate of Citizenship. Do apply at the same time. You will only get it months later. After you've got the CC, then you can ask your relatives in Canada to apply for the SIN. Then you're all set. Good luck.

cari is offline Registered User
    Do I need to bring my baby with me to the Canadian Consulate? Or I just mail everything to there?

Cari

svasbt is offline Registered User
    I'm not sure on this one. When we called, they said the baby did not need to go there. But once I was up at the counter, they asked me where the baby was. My baby was then sleeping in the stroller in the waitin area, and I practically had to wheel him up to show them his face. Mind you, he was 3 weeks old, sleeping on his side with half his face covered, they wouldn't be able ot tell whether it was him anyway, but that seemed to have pleased them enough. I would say, to play safe, take your baby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12