Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory


HK Travel Documents

  1. #1
    Jenny is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Tai Hang Rd

    HK Travel Documents

    My baby was born in HK and has both a British and Cdn passport. Both parents have HK permanent residency.

    If we don't obtain the endorsement stamp confirming his eligibility for permanent residency, does anyone know whether it is very difficult to go through HK immigration? Does anyone know what documents we should bring for him? eg his HK birth certificate? Have any of you other mothers obtained this endorsement stamp/verification?

  2. #2
    rani's Avatar
    rani is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong

    We applied for D's PR. It takes about 6 weeks to process.

    You need to take your child's Birth Certificate and also show the permanent identity card of either parent.

    We travelled a couple of times before the endorsement and its not difficult i.e. takes an extra 5 mins to process. Also you do get a short lecture from the The Immigration Officer to apply.

    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Similar Threads

  1. Does your DH travel with you?
    By DPinHK in forum Helper Forums
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 10:24 AM
  2. About the dual English/Chinese names on official documents
    By mrg9192 in forum Preparing for the Arrival
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 05:57 PM
  3. Travel Magna Doodle/Other Travel Toys
    By jaetee in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 10:21 AM
  4. travel cot
    By kellyst in forum Baby Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 11:29 PM
  5. Baby documents
    By daks2daks in forum Preparing for the Arrival
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2003, 02:12 PM

Tags for this Thread

Scroll to top