Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Totally non-spill cup

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User
    The trick I have found is a cotton swab (i.e. Q tip) and tooth brush. The models I suggested actually come apart fairly well, allowing a cotton swab to clean the tubing and a tooth brush to clean the mechanical pieces. On a few other models I have had to shorten the tubing by 1 - 2 cms to the swab can clean the entire tube when accessing from either end. (I hope that makes senes!)

We keep a tooth brush and bunch of swabs in the kitchen specifically for this purpose. If something gets really dirty (like curdled milk) soak in hot soapy water overnight, and the next morning it should come clean.

You can also buy replacement tube and mechanisms for many of these cups, too.

svasbt is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I got the Avent Magic cup for my boy the other day, and so far am very pleased with how it doesn't spill. As an added bonus, it fits in his stroller's cup holder perfectly. I introduced it to him 2 days ago, and on the first day, he almost didn't drink any out of it. He only drank from it when he was really, really thirsty and realized that I wasn't gonna give him his bottle. Yesterday he was much better, and today is the very first day that he doesn't have to drink out of a bottle at all. I'm very pleased. Thanks again to all of you who wrote in.

scr
    scr is offline Registered User

Thanks

Thanks seb's dad,

i like the cup in the picture you have posted. I haven't seen one like that around or maybe I haven't paid attention. Where did you buy this one from ?

Thanks

svasbt is offline Registered User

Avent Magic Cup

Just as I said that I was pleased with the Avent Magic Cup, I found a flaw. My son had pasta with tomato saue last night, and yes, you've guessed it... the tomato stains the spout! I guess I just wasn't careful as I know that tomato and oil-based foods normally stain my plastic tupperware. Now, does anybody know how to rectify the stain please? Thanks so much.

Sophia_Chan is offline Registered User
    Yes, that's my problem too, and not just with this cup. All other brands seem to be the same. Would love to know how to get rid of the stain too. Thanx.

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User
    I have not seen the cup I posted in HK either. I picked up ours in Canada. I'll be in the US this week. If I see any I'll post a note and let you know how much in case you want me to pick one up for you. (In Canada it was around CDN $ 10.)

RE: stains - on most plastics you can try bleach or Cif (formerly called Jif) to scrub off the stains. Afterwards, you need to re-wash with regular dish washing soap to make sure all the bleach or Cif residue disappears.

Cif is also great for cleaning stains off of plastic trays on high chairs.

rani is offline Administrator
    I saw the Playtex cup yesterday at Wing On, it was around $60.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

scr
    scr is offline Registered User
    Thanks Seb's Dad for the offer. That's really nice of you. I'll check out the one in Wing On too. Thanks Rani

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast