Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Totally non-spill cup

svasbt is offline Registered User

Totally non-spill cup

Hi there!
    Would anybody know of any totally non-spill (sippy) cup please? My boy is okay drinking from a cup in his high chair (with supervision), but in the stroller, when I'm behind him and not able to reach him fast enough, he seems to turn the cup upside down one too many times.
    Thanks so much for your help.

aohman is offline Registered User

I haven't been able to find a totally non-spill cup, but have found Nuk's sippy cup to be pretty good. It's a two handle cup. The only down side is that once you've got the lid on, it's difficult to get it off (so if you aren't careful, you'll spill any liquid remaining in the cup. Ugh. It's happened to me several times). But for the most part, it's doesn't leak when you're child drops it, chucks it, or sits on the sofa with the lid facing down which is great.

I bought mine at Bumps2Babes and Toysrus.

momo is offline Registered User

I find the cup "Anyway Up" (I think that is what it is called) to be pretty good and preety leak proof. On the packaging it says "designs by a mother" so I guess she knew the problem of a leaking drinking cup especially when we go out. The only down side is that the spout does not have a cover. B to Babes sells them.

Shirley is offline Registered User

Smile Non-spill cup

You may want to try the Avent Magic Cup. My daughter started using it when she was around 4 months. It is practically non-spill even if they drop it a million times and the water or whatever drink you put in does not fill into the cap. Only downfall is the cap is very tight and sometimes, if you have slippery hands can be difficult to get of. You can start of with the soft spout (white) and then progress onto the hard spout (green) for 6 months +. (haven't tried it yet)
    I've seen them in large Watsons, Bumps to Babes, Wing on, Mothercare to name a few. Hope that helps.

rani is offline Administrator

We use the Avent Magic Cup too and haven't had any spills.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

svasbt is offline Registered User

Thanks so much. Will go to BtB and check tham out.

Seb's Dad is offline Registered User

My wife and I recently found a new type of cup on the market with a flip open top. The latest design I picked up is the "Playtex
    Insulator Sport Straw Cup" (9 oz). This is a fantastic, spill proof cup that promotes dexterity, too. As soon as your child is old enough to figure out how to flip open a top, I highly recommend this cup.

I have attached a sample of the cup and the first one we had was a half moon flip open. Also works extremely well. Our son started using this when he was about 18 months old.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	playtex cup.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	46  

scr
    scr is offline Registered User

cleaning these cups ?

Anybody have trouble cleaning the lids of these cups ? I sure seem to. The ones with straws attached to the lids seem to be the worst.

How do you get them clean after juices or milk ? I threw away one after the milk stayed in the cup too long and curdled...yuck !!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast