- 02-20-2004, 09:46 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2003
- Hong Kong
My girl is 7.5 months old and I started her on solids at 6 months. After the introduction of 3 solid meals a day, she just doesn't seem interested in her milk. She's getting 2 x 8oz a day now and I am trying to squeeze in another bottle before bedtime. I'm not sure if I am giving her too much solids..but she loves her veggies and baby rice and I don't want to take that away from her.
Saw Hulda a couple of days ago and baby hasn't put on any weight in 2 weeks. She says it's nothing to worry about but I am quite worried. I am wondering if I should cut down on the solids and increase the milk.
Anyone know what the average amount of milk for a baby this age should be?
- 02-20-2004, 12:16 PM #10
According to our PD, for babies aged 6 to 12 months, the average milk intake should be 20 oz., with 18 oz. being minimum. She at one point recommended that we restrict the amount of solids to maintain the milk intake level. Apparently before one year old, milk takes priority over solids. It has more nutritients and helps your baby grow.
- By decbb in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 0Last Post: 04-10-2009, 10:31 PM
- By karmah1 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 03-13-2009, 08:15 AM
- By kellyst in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 11-29-2006, 04:53 PM
- By bbc mom in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2006, 10:31 PM
- By carmenlotusfeet in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 1Last Post: 03-23-2006, 09:53 AM