Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

International Montessori School in Hong Kong

Wineglass is offline Registered User

International Montessori School in Hong Kong

Hello there !

I would be very grateful for any moms who knows what the International Montessori School in Hong Kong (near 3 Pacific Place) is like. They have asked for a huge sum now to secure my little girl's place for September this year to start as a 3 year old. I like the Montessori principles and what I could see of the school, but am frankly shocked by the fees when the school describes itself as a charity ! Even the non-refundable application fee was HK$1000 !

Please can anyone tell me what their views and experience of this school ? Thank you !

Gabby

rani is offline Administrator
    Hi Gabby,

Sorry the only thing I've heard about the school is that its fairly new - less than 2 years old. I did have a look at their fees and they are high.

Half-Day Programme (3.5 hours): $6,500 per month
    Extended Day (5 hours): $8,700 per month

Are you considering it because its bi-lingual? Also, the registration fees should be anywhere from $200-500

Have you visited the Woodlands Montessori school on Caine Rd?
    Apparently they have a Mandarin teacher who teaches an hour a week. I know its not much but I was told that they were willing to increase it if there was sufficient demand.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

vchua is offline Registered User
    Hi Gabby,

My daughter is currently in IMS and this is her second year there. I am very happy with my daughter's progress. She absolutely loves her teachers and friends. She has become a lot more independent and self-motivated.

The fees are high but they have excellent teachers who really inspire the children. The application fee is high but some international schools also charge $1,000. The turnover is almost zero unlike some other pre-schools. You get both English and Mandarin everyday. The school is in its third year.

Let me know if you need more info.

V

courtbas is offline Registered User
    Hi Vchua,

What is the school hours ? Do they have extended day program for 3 year old class ?

Quote Originally Posted by vchua
    Hi Gabby,

My daughter is currently in IMS and this is her second year there. I am very happy with my daughter's progress. She absolutely loves her teachers and friends. She has become a lot more independent and self-motivated.

The fees are high but they have excellent teachers who really inspire the children. The application fee is high but some international schools also charge $1,000. The turnover is almost zero unlike some other pre-schools. You get both English and Mandarin everyday. The school is in its third year.

Let me know if you need more info.

V

Altans is offline Registered User
    There is an excellent Montessouri Pre-school run by a wonderful teacher who was with the Woodlands group for over 9 years.
    They are now called "Busy Bees" and run out of the HK Football Club and Cricket Club.
    I do not have a number for them - but the teacher is Ms. Erin. Fees are reasonable and only about 8 - 10 children per teacher and there is a teacher assistant as well - they have full use of Club facilities so all that GRASS! and you do not have to be a member.......might be an option

courtbas is offline Registered User
    I would like to know more about "Busy Bees". Does anyone have number or information ? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Altans
    There is an excellent Montessouri Pre-school run by a wonderful teacher who was with the Woodlands group for over 9 years.
    They are now called "Busy Bees" and run out of the HK Football Club and Cricket Club.
    I do not have a number for them - but the teacher is Ms. Erin. Fees are reasonable and only about 8 - 10 children per teacher and there is a teacher assistant as well - they have full use of Club facilities so all that GRASS! and you do not have to be a member.......might be an option

adachan is offline Registered User
    Hi vchua,

Just sent you a PM. Please check.

Mrs Buffy is offline Registered User
    I am also interested in more contact info on Busy Bee.
    Also, do you have to be a memeber of Football Club/Cricket Club to join?

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast