Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Need help with your helper?

kelsey's mom is offline Registered User
    Is Helpers' Helper meant to be read by helpers or employers? Is it written in English only? My Indonesian maid can't read Eng well.

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kelsey's mom
    Is Helpers' Helper meant to be read by helpers or employers? Is it written in English only? My Indonesian maid can't read Eng well.
    Its for Helpers. It's written in English and has lots of explantory photos for cooking, first aid, storing food, pet care etc . I read the book first, and highlighted the sections that I felt were important for us, then gave it our helper.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User
    Hello everyone, happy to find that forum as I am close to become crasy looking for the perfect helper !!
    Hi Julie, I read your book, it helped a lot, thanks ! I also inspired my check list with yours, your sort of my helper'mentor ;-)
    Hi Graham --> Dymocks is the simplest place to find books.

Questions for everyone:
    I'm desesperatly looking for my first full-time helper to start mid july and after a lot of terrible interviews, I seriously thinking about hiring an agency (also because as nice their resume or / and recommandations letters are, I never get to have a last employer number to call to check on the helper and that stresses me a lot). Can you recommend one to me please?

Alexandra
    :yeah2 :yeah2

cyncyn is offline Registered User

helper

HI Julie,

Is it possible to buy your book from bookstores in Hong Kong? If yes, which bookstore?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Jacobson View Post
    Living with live-in help may seem like a dream, but it can be a difficult transition if you have never employed home help before.

If you have questions, problems or praises about your helper, I'd be happy to help.

rani is offline Administrator
    Cyncyn

You can buy it from ShopinHK

http://www.shopinhk.com/product.php?productid=1510
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    This is a bit tongue in cheek but one question I would ask and clarify is 'are your parents alive, do you have sisters and brothers, family elsewhere etc?

It might sounds stupid but i asked our helper this and she told me that her parents were both dead and that she had only two sisters left. Two months into her contract she told me her father died and she had to go home to the Phillipines for two weeks! I remembered our conversation and quizzed her on it and she told me she meant her foster father.... It patently wasn't true.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Oh, and when they say they can cook ask them for specifics. What exactly can they cook. Ours said she could and she can't - at all. It's unlikely she's ever cooked anything but fried rice in her life before.

gulab is offline Registered User

Is your new book ready?

Is your new book, the US version of Helper's Helper ready? If yes how can I buy it?

Will appreciate if you give the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Jacobson View Post
    Thank you.

I am thrilled to hear you have found "Heler's Helper" so useful. That's why I wrote it!

I have started wrting a new book, more targeted to employers for the US market, as that is where I am living now. But I am pleased to report life is very full and it may take some time.

Again thanks for your support.

Kind regards Julie

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast