Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

life without helper

Dante is offline Registered User

Legal Help

Minono -- just wanted to mention that you can, in fact, find legal help. Check out the references on past threads that have been posted on this site. My part-time helper is a Hong Kong lady because I wish to be above board, like you.

With respect to your second point, I will concede that there is a price to everything we chose to do. I have to remind myself constantly of my/the "big picture".

Best regards.

scr is offline Registered User

part-time help

Hi Minono,

It is legal to hire a part-time helper who is a permanent resident of HK. I registered on the government website (which has a section on domestic helper) and put down my requirements. I only asked for someone who can understand at least some english and has some experience. I got a no. of applicants and have a hired a Chinese lady. At the moment she just cleans the house. Soon as and when my son gets more comfortable with her presence she will do some babysitting too so I get some free time. Hope you find a part-time helper soon.
    Take care

ozmaofoz is offline Registered User
    Houston, Tx
    We have no live-in helper but have hired a local lady for part-time help. We take my son everywhere in an unpadded sling (like the Maya Wrap that the HK LLL sells). We have a pram, but even if with a wiggly, large year old toddler it is wayyyyy easier to get around if you just leave the pram at home. Eating out is almost impossible with a baby in HK, though.

loraine is offline Registered User
    Mid levels
    I've a 6 month old baby and have "survived" so far without a helper. It is possible, though I get alot of support from my husband. We do manage to get out for meals, going out at lunchtime instead of the evenings, and restaurants in HK don't mind this. It may be a little difficult for you to begin with as you'll be new to the area, feel free to contact me if you're in need of a chat and good luck with the move!

minono is offline Registered User
    I just wanted to thank you all.
    I have found a HK lady from Philippines who has a permanent ID Card and take her part time which make us both happy.

I have commited a number of hours so I could get a better rate and she could get a commitment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12