Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

high chairs

loraine is offline Registered User

high chairs

Anyone got any advice on highchairs? I've seen wooden ones and folding ones in Bumps to Babes and a considerable price range. We need to buy one soon for our baby and would appreciate any recommendations from parents out there.

rani is offline Administrator
    more info here on high chairs

http://forum.geobaby.com/showthread.php?threadid=109068

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    Since I am Ms. Cheapo, I would recommend:

1) Cheap
    2) Easy to clean
    3) small (unless you lives in a 1500+ sq. ft. flat)

We had 1 high chair, which we used until the kids were about 1 year old. But then we moved to a "booster seat".

If I had it to do over again I would have just used this one from the time the baby was about 6 months old.

The Safety First booster seat is great because it is stable and you can unfold it and take it apart and hose it down in the bathtub, to get rid of all the crumbs and congee splatters that hide in the corners.

I think they are available at Toys R Us here in HK.

You can always just feed your baby on your lap until he or she is big enough to sit by himself. Then feed the baby at a low table (coffee table?) while he or she sits on a low stool (available at most hardware stores for about $HK 20)
    Last edited by loupou; 03-17-2004 at 08:54 AM.

scr
    scr is offline Registered User
    I bought the same booster seat that loupou has posted a picture of, from Toys R Us. It's small, convenient and you can remove the tray and push the chair close to the dining table so baby feels good to be eating from the same table as mummy and daddy :) Didn't go for high chair mainly because of lack of space.

momo is offline Registered User
    I like Tripp Trapp high chair. You can adjust the height of the chair as the child grows so that it is better "value for money" compared to the other cheaper high chairs.

svasbt is offline Registered User
    We've been using this First Years 3-step high chair ever since the boy could kind of sit up on his own. (I hope I attach the picture all right.)

This chair has 3-position reclines, making okay for young babies. It actually comes with a removable cloth seat back (that is not shown in the picture). The tray is removable, and is dishwasher safe. You can hose the saet down in the bath tub easily. It has a 3-point safety harness, and straps down to any chair with the seat and seatback straps. The straps are also removable for washing.

The seat itself has 2 positions, up and down. My boy is about 13 months now, and is using the higher seat position, and at times without the tray. I like the fact that he can sit with us at the dining table even when we have guests over. Plus it's easy to stow away out of sight without taking up too much space.

One downside though. The chair (seat back and the base) CANNOT be taken apart once assembled. It's not collapsible and is not ideal for travelling.

We bought it in Canada, and it was less than HK$200. I'm sure they have it here in HKG if you're interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the first years high chair.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	62  

loraine is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all your help,
    Loraine

alberttfsum is offline Registered User

Red face High Chair

I also want to buy such a chair for my kid. Could you please let me know where I can buy such

Originally posted by momo
    I like Tripp Trapp high chair. You can adjust the height of the chair as the child grows so that it is better "value for money" compared to the other cheaper high chairs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast