Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to rent a Breast-pump

sukhigill is offline Registered User

Where to rent a Breast-pump

:breastfed Hi,

I would like to ask where can I rent breast-pumps in Hong Kong and which ones would you recommend? Manual or Electric? Would appreciate if somebody could also let me know about the charges.

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Congratulations Suki!

You can rent Breast pumps from the Mid-wives - Annerley and EverDawn.

Contact info here:

Cost is around $150 week to 400-500/month.

If you plan to breastfeed for at least 3 months, you might want to invest in your own. A single Medela mini-electric sells for $6X0.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

aldougie is offline Registered User
    Agree with Rani - you might want to buy your own depending on how long you intend to pump.

As for recommendations - everyone has their own favourite. I bought a hand pump as it was recommended to me and couldn't get anything out at all. I swapped to a mini-hand held electric and found that I did have breast milk after all!

Sandra & Evan is offline Registered User
    You can also try the Swiss(?) brand, Medela. You can rent from Meridian Hong Kong Ltd. (, tel: 2328-2662) They were recommended to us by Matilda Hospital. I bought a battery-operated one, which didn't work for me. So then I rented one of these, which they use at the hospitals. Looks like a tool box. Works really well. A bit pricey. $2000 deposit. Six months rental is $1290, or you can sign for longer or shorter periods. Works really well for me.

suz is offline Registered User
    have tried the medela electric pump (the mini one) and the industrial size one, and also the AVENT ISIS (hand pump) but the AVENT is the best as I always managed to pump more with that pump. also the most comfortable. HK$300 at Eugene Group, BQ Baby (now Be Be Dream).

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Discovery Bay
    I think renting is a great idea because you can waste a lot of money buying an expensive pump before you start breastfeeding and find out what suits you best. Like some other people have said, it varies a lot on the individual which pump suits them and their breasts/lifestyle. Hand pumps are less obtrusive if you aren't pumping under time pressure.