- 04-15-2004, 06:45 AM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2003
- Hong kong
Does anyone know where/who/how to get window locks? My 16 month old is starting to climb up onto the window ledges. I want to avoid the putting up bars and making my home look like a prison.
- 04-16-2004, 08:29 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2004
We improvised. Went to a hardware store and bought some chain, a chain cutter, and some screws. We cut about 6 inches of chain for each window, screwed it to the stationary part of the frame and then to the window frame itself. We did this on the top of the window so it's not so visable.
I suppose it depends what kind of window frame you have. Ours are the old aluminium ones that at one time had the bars on them so we knew they would be easy to drill into. Infact, we actually used the old holes from where the bars used to attach. HTH.
- By reei in forum Everything ElseReplies: 3Last Post: 05-26-2010, 01:11 PM
- By soulgirl in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 3Last Post: 10-12-2009, 01:58 PM
- By cyberfish88 in forum Baby TalkReplies: 5Last Post: 05-29-2009, 02:14 PM
- By KMM in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2009, 09:20 AM
- By mander in forum Everything ElseReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2006, 07:42 PM