Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Mother's Day Lucky Draw

svasbt is offline Registered User

Kid-made Mother's Day cards

rani:

That's a tear inducer. My nieces and nephew make cards for their mother all the time, and I think I never know how much it really means to their mom until I've become a mother myself.

Can't wait to get the first hand-made card from our son. I know I will cry...

UbeJam is offline Registered User
    here goes my plan for my wife...

1. prepare "#1 Mom" banners at home and set it up before she wakes on Sunday.
    2. will give her favorite flower (peach roses)
    3. buy cake and ice cream, even small servings, as we try to limit our sugar intake - its the thought that counts.
    4. attend mass for thanksgiving
    5. will have lunch buffet at Shangri-la Kowloon - being consummate Filipinos that we are, we love lots of food served just like in a fiesta.
    6. will arrange spa treatment in the afternoon, when Sabine .:formulafe takes her afternoon nap.
    7. chat cam-to-cam with her sisters/mother in the evening. Sabine gets to chat wuth her cousins too.

[svasbt - having that cake on board a plane, wow - very resourceful! great!]

Just a simple gesture of thanking her and giving her a break for a difficult task of juggling career and motherhood.

now rani, can I get a special price for being the first and only dad who posted here ?

cheers!
    UbeJam

rani is offline Administrator
    Hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day! Thanks so much for participating in our lucky draw.

The winners are:

Ozmaofoz - Allerhand Gift Certificate
    Svasbt - Aromababy Mother's Day Gift Pack
    HKFooey - Stuck On You Gift Certificate

Winners, please do post an update on how you spent Mother's Day. Svasbt, how did you mum like her cake surprise?

Also, all participants will receive a Wing On Privilege card. Please email me your mailing address and I will pop them in the mail to you next week.

Thanks again.

Ube,

Thanks for being the only dad! Drinks on me at our next GeoBaby/GeoExpat Happy Hour

svasbt is offline Registered User
    rani:

Thank-you very much for the lovely prize. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I think my mom had her best Mother's Day ever this year, thanks in part to Cathay Pacific.

The first surprise my mom got was at Heathrow airport. She liked the upper deck seats, and we actually had one reserved for her. At the check-in counter, she was informed that she had been upgraded to First Class. Way to go!

She got on board, just to find that across the aisle from her sat one of her favorite guys on the planet. Michael Cain!

Before landing into HKG, the flight attendants presented her with the cake, and a bottle of champagne (which we didn't order). Mr. Cain shared the cake with her and wished her much happiness.

How are we going to top this Mother's Day ever again, I have no idea...

ozmaofoz is offline Registered User
    Wow! I love all the things you did for your Mom, svasbt. Having Alfie help her celebrate is amazing. What a funny coincidence.

Thank you Lucky Draw! I've never won anything. My husband is the lucky one when it comes to raffles and contests. Maybe he had some of his good luck rub off on me for Mother's Day. I was just admiring one of their diaper bags (the sporty orange and yellow backpack style) at Bumps to Babes in Central. I'll contact Allerhand and see how to use my GC.

How I spent Mother's Day - Husband woke up and made a big breakfast for me (pancakes, bacon and eggs) while feeding our 13 month old son. We went and had some coffee at Festival Walk while waiting for our ride. I waxed poetic about the Volo stroller that we shouldn't/couldn't afford right now to replace the horrible stroller I bought in a fit of compulsion when we first got here. We then went to an Against Child Abuse Ltd community event in Wong Tai Sin with the DH's crazy singing pediatrician friend. Met some lovely people but it was very hot. Got dropped back off at Festival Walk, had a nice dinner at Cafe Mi and husband insisted I buy the Volo for myself.

A stroller might seem as romantic a gift as a washer or iron, but we're in the process of rebuilding our home back in the States and every penny matters right now. The old stroller (which was not cheap!) is servicable but really made for a smaller baby. Not a spa day or an evening out alone with DH like we'd planned but a pretty nice day altogether.

What about everyone else? Did Mother's Day happen that way you'd planned? How about those Mamas whose spouses were away? Have you had your belated Mother's Day yet?

HKFooey is offline Banned
    Thank you very much for my prize. I am really looking forward to getting some special labels for A.

We had a brilliant Mother's Day. I was amazed at how much we managed to cram in. To cap things off my DH bought me a fabulous pan for poaching eggs from the Pan Handler that I had been coverting for ages and we had only decided the weekend before that we could not afford it and I would continue poaching eggs in a saucepan.

A was a dream child and we had great fun walking in Stanley, a really quiet relaxing time at Pacific Coffee in Stanley and swimming in the pool. A even played quietly while I had two lattes (such a luxury considering he is only 7 mths and loves to be always on the go). My DH then cooked me dinner and A (tired out after his active day) went to sleep ealry so my DH and I could share a quiet glass of wine and a chat.

It was a blissful day and I was really sad when it came to an end.

It amazes me how the little things with my family make me happy these days. Before A I would have not even considered a special day complete without a dinner at a very expensive resturant. But now....

I am glad other people had a great day.

I am looking forward to spoiling my Dh on Father's Day.

Rani - when/where is the next Geobaby Happy Hour? (I did not even realise there was such a thing).

Thanks Winners for sharing your special day with us.

Svasbt, its certainly going to be tough tp top! You better start planning now!

HKFooey, we had a GeoExpat Happy Hour last month in LKF. We hope to plan another next month. Will definitely let you know if you're interested.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123