Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Antenatal Classes

Rosewood is offline Registered User

Antenatal Classes

Which hospitals offer antenatal classes, and have you found them to be useful? I'm still deciding whether to attend or not.

Judi is offline Registered User

Antenatal

If you are interested in learning more about breastfeeding attend a La Leche League meeting. Women who come to the meetings while pregnant are often more successful at breastfeeding. Contact them on [email protected]. The meetings are free and although breastfeeding is the main topic it is a great way to network to find out from other mothers about giving birth in Hong Kong. They also have an extensive library with many books on childbirth, breastfeeding, parenting issues and nutrition.
    Judi

HKFooey is offline Banned

The Matilda and Adventist offer Antenatal classes. From memmory they are about $2000 for six.

Annerley Midwifes allso runs them and they are pretty good too.

I had teh best of both worlds as I attended classes at the Matilda but they were presented by Hulda from Annerley.

I do recommend them as they are a good grounding and particularily good at giving details of things in HK that you might not know

Joyce is offline Registered User

Where you want to have your baby might also be a consideration where you go for antenatal classes as different hospital might have different birth policies.

The Canossa does classes too - can't remember how much but it was pretty reasonable.

Graham is offline Registered User

My wife and I just finished antenatal classes at Canossa. They charge HK$750 per couple for 6 x 1.5 hour lessons.

The classes were held on Thursday evenings from 6pm to 7.30pm, athough they sometime ran a bit over.

Availability of classes depends on the interest and I think they need at least 5 couples to sign up before they will run an English speaking class.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 05-24-2004 at 05:29 PM.